Bonus Chapter: Jin and Dumpling

Third POV

Kaira had gone out of town for a week and Jin wasn't enjoying her leave. He dreaded it. Why?

Because he was left to take care of a big furry cat mole for a week.... If that doesn't perfectly describe Kaira's mole-tiger than big, rough, playful and ever-hungry would probably help.

After Kaira left him on the street with Dumpling he pulled her by the fur to his backyard where her food was, ready to be eaten.

"Now. I. Am. The. Boss. " Jin commanded, in a tone he hoped would get through the thick skull of the animal, well at least he tried. The mole tiger barely looked at him, gobbling up all the carrots she could in a second.

"I promised Kaira I would take care of you, so it's only fair, you comply"

She stopped eating and stared up at him. Eyes focused, he could've sworn this cat was out to kill him. She heads right for his head.

Not many believes this but Jin is actually very agile. He ducks right in time for dumpling to fly over him and over the fence.

It's a weird occurance to comprehend. So just imagine a mega dumpling the size of mole crawling up a wall to the other side.

Just like Jin, Dumpling was sort of over weight but she was agile as her feline self.

"You think it's gonna listen to you? " Nico said in a mocking tone, from the second floor window, where she sat.

Jin looked up at her in disdain. He had made sure to note that siblings are annoying.

"Shut up" He said quickly, narrowing his eyes at his 13 year old sister.

"I will not" She said with a Huff, dropping out the window, and slowly drifting to the earth.

Airbender was she and ready to chase after the dumpling cat was Jin.

"Go back to your air bending, meditating, monk thing" Jin brushed Nico off with a poked tongue and runs out the back yard to the front.

"Aren't I supposed to be the small sister? " She said to no one in particular, cringing at the way her obese older brother ran.

Jin ran with all the energy he could. Ran past Mrs Ba, who yelled at him for stepping on her flowers. Ran past a couple who were about to lock lips, ran past a panda-racoon crossing the road.

To answer your question, why he was running after dumpling, let's just say she goes on rampages when she's hungry. When she doesn't finish her food, because, in this case she is chasing some small creature, she can get cranky. Or worse.

Where are you? Jin thought, running through alleys.

He caught a fleeing glimpse of what he thought was dumplings tail in a trash cart. He checked, it wasn't her, but a lemur chewing on a bun. He turned and ran for the caves.

Waterbenders were not made to live in caves on steep mountains, he thought.

He stood at the foot of the hill, staring up, at the peak.

Why couldn't dumpling be a small animal who slept at home and ate small nuts. No she just had to be a freaking mole-tiger.

He started up the hill, he wished he was an earthbender right now.

When he was half way up the hill, something big and round shoots out the cave and down the mountain. It was, you guessed it.

She pummels his way, pushing him aside and down the hill she went. Jin stumbles and slips, where he rocked back and forth on the edge.

With all the luck and charm he could he pushed himself forward back on steady ground.

Dumpling was already gone.

Gravity pulled him forward at a speed he'd never ran in his entire life. Down he went, flat on his face.

When he raised his head he caught sight of the culprit. He got to his feet and ran, through the bushes.

Ahead of dumpling was a small pond. Jin fearing for the state he and everything he owned would be in, froze the waters surface. She slipped and almost fell but got up to run again, after whatever it was that she was after.

"Your mummy won't be so happy! " Jin yelled after her, "of course with me, because you're her baby, I just ugh can you just stop for a second"

She froze in her spot and stared at the earth. She started digging, pushing away the earth with her mole paws and earth bending abilities, she sniffed the earth with her cat nose and just kept digging.

"Now what are you doing? " Jin screeched running over to her.

He bent over to the hole looking into it. Nothing, just plain old dirt. But what could he say, she was an animal. He sighed, dropping onto the ground next to her dirt hole.

He sat their with his chin on his fist, watching dumpling search for her treasure. After what felt like an hour she stops, and turns to Jin. Made a weird animal sound that Jin would probably think was cute if he didn't have to run miles just to watch her dig a hole.

"Hungry are we? " Jin perked an eyebrow, face saying 'I hate you'.

She let's out a sound of disappointment.

"Shut up, I'll only feed you if you carry me back" Jin said.

She made the sound again, as Jin took that as a yes, climbing on her.

"Why you gotta do this me?"

She does the weird sound.

"If you listen then maybe I'll throw in some extra dumplings"

She let's out another sound, which was probably a squeal.

☆゚.*・。゚

Jin sat out on the back stairs, staring at the twinkling stars. Thoughts of constellations and their meanings running through his mind.

Something soft and furry brushes against his hand. He smiles, once he realizes it's dumpling.

Finally she settles down. She hums some sort of animal tune falling into a deep sleep on Jin's lap.

"Goodnight, my friend"

________________________________________________

Just thought I'd you know.... You know.

This chapter was added a few months after the previous one came out. It's just an add on, I guess.

Set during that one week Kaira left.

Jin is so cute. I just freaking love it.

Drop a vote or comment!