5 - YOU'RE UNDEAD TO ME

BORN TO DIE
YOU'RE UNDEAD TO ME

THE girls were not at ease the next morning. Even less when Bonnie received a disturbing call from Elena explaining the psychotic manipulation and abuse Damon Salvatore had endured on Caroline. Madeleine refrained from an ' I told you so ' when the met Caroline. They arrived at her house in the early morning to help her get ready for the school day ahead. Caroline tried to explain her side of the story to the girls through the haziness that Damon caused. Bonnie stared at the candle in front of her, trying to light it like she had the previous night. 

Last night, Madelaine and Bonnie had stayed up late googling all the could about witches. Nothing of which satisfied Bonnie. So, instead, Madeleine stole a bunch of candles she had collected over numerous birthdays and Christmases and tried to get Bonnie to light them. They stayed up until three in the morning before giving up. However, Bonnie was still curious. Despite what Madeleine thought of her, she was sure that she lit that candle and somehow whether she liked it or not, her grams was somewhat right. 

"I remember the party. Damon came up behind me, and he was kissing my neck or biting my neck. I passed out. It's like there are holes in my memory lately. It's just weird." Caroline tried to recall. "Maybe I let him bite me." 

As soon as those words left Caroline's mouth, Bonnie snapped from her witchy trance. "Why would you do that?"

"Caroline, no one in their right mind would allow that. He manipulated you." Madeleine told her, stopping any excuse for Damon Salvatore. 

"Can we just not talk about it, okay? I just don't want to talk about Damon. I don't want to talk about any of it. I just want to go back to normal. " Caroline declared as she dabbed foundation over her neck to conceal any bite marks. Through the mirror, Caroline caught glimpse of Bonnie and asked, "What are you doing with that candle?"

Bonnie's eyes snapped up. "um..nothing." Madeleine took the candle from Bonnie's hands while giving her a look that asked her to stop obsessing. "What's this?" Bonnie asked, changing the subject. A necklace hung from her fingertips, an amber crystal in an iron setting. 

"Damon gave it to me. Or was going to give it to me." Caroline informed the girls as she walked towards the bed where they sat. "All I know is, It's mine now."

"It's ugly," Bonnie commented in disgust of the jewellery. 

Caroline reached forward and snatched the necklace out of the Bennett's hands. "Well, then get your grubby hands off it." 

Caroline hung the necklace on her clothes rack. The light reflecting through the crystal. Bonnie and Madeleine looked at each other, understanding that Caroline was grieving, even if it was Damon Salvatore. They both sighed and followed the blonde to her car. When they arrived at school, Bonnie parted, going to find her best friend. The two blondes went straight inside, heading for the computer room to print the last of the flyers for the carwash. 

"Sexy suds car wash" Madeleine read aloud. "Are you serious?" She asked Caroline at both the concept and the lousy pun. 

"What?" Caroline asked. "Teenagers are hormonal that want to see sexy people covered in soap, not my fault. You're coming, right?"

Madeleine's gaze switched between the flyer and Caroline. She wondered if a car wash was the most sensible way for Caroline to spend her time after everything but then again she needed some normality. Madeleine sucked in air as she pushed down every urge to say no. "Sure, I'll be there."