Chapter 1

"When I got back home from my vacation-" I began trying to answer the therapists question.

"Just say you ran away! That's what you fucking did!" John bitterly interrupted but I ignored him and continued. She wrote down something on her notepad.

"When I got back we figured we might as well try to fix it then we-" I was interrupted again by John. "We? Don't you mean you?" Once again I ignored him. "We found you and set up this appointment."

"What happened immediately after the truth came out?" She asked in a soothing voice.

"I can't really remember I just remember a lot of shouting. I told him to stop the car and then I yelled at him some more." I admitted feeling remorseful.

"Someone took a video of it and put it on twitter. Then #johnsoverparty was trending on twitter." Why was John so angry? It's not my fault we're in this situation. He's the one who fucked up.

"John, how did you feel when this all went down?" She asked and I turned my face to John. His voice and face changed to something less angry but I couldn't figure out what. "I... um... do I have to answer that question?"

"Yes, John." She quickly wrote down something on her notepad. "Well... I felt bad I guess... I mean it's not fun seeing someone you love be disappointed in you."

It was weird hearing the word love. It's weird to think that we loved each other at one point. What happened? How did we fall so far?* I guess the whole point of this therapist is to try and get to that point again.

"It seems like our time is done here today. You can go to the front desk to schedule another important."

"Thank you." I said with a weak smile.

__________

When I got to our flat John went to the balcony to smoke, a habit he recently picked up again. I grabbed my key's and phone. I looked at John before leaving.

When I got to the coffee shop George was waiting for me in the corner. I sat down in the other chair. "How did therapy go?" I let out a long sigh. "John was being an ass. He was really dismissive but the end wasn't so bad."

"What happened at the end?"

"He was talking about how much he hated seeing me hurting y'know? I haven't really been thinking much about how this while thing has affected him."

"You're a lot more brave than I ever will be Paul." George said before taking a sip.

"How?"

"I mean you're dealing with all of this bullshit and still trying to work it out."

"It's not really brave you just gotta deal with it. I couldn't of just divorced him... not after all these years."

*

What do y'all think of this story so far?

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

What do y'all think of this story so far?

Thank you for reading!