Chapter 4

We got out of the movie a few minutes ago. We were now in our car driving back home. They ending was so sad I mean his wife just left him after that argument. Did she ever come back? Probably not.

I looked over at Paul who was anxiously picking at the seat then back at the road. "We probably should've done more research before we went to go see it."

"I mean... maybe." I was thinking the movie over in my head.

I looked back at him and he was looking out the window trying not the make eye contact. "What do you mean?"

"I think I just realized how bad it could've been." Soon after I spoke I heard a soft sobbing coming from Paul. Oh god what did I say? I shouldn't of said anything. Why do I always fuck up‽

"Paul, are you-" I began but was interrupted by Paul shouting. "No, I'm not fucking alright!" It began to rain and I parked outside. We sat there in silence for a few minutes while Paul tried and failed to stop crying.

"I'm sorry." Paul didn't respond he just got out of the car. He looked at me for a moment waiting for me to get out too. "Are you coming?" I shook my head and he walked away. I drove away not really having a destination.

What the fuck is wrong with me? I should've shut the fuck up! God I'm a disaster! I wish I could stop. If I've never been born everything would be fine. Paul wouldn't be crying and Brian wouldn't be fired. I'm such a train wreck and I'm bringing everyone down with me.

_________

Eventually I arrived at a dinner. I can't believe it was still open this late in the evening. I walked in, there was a couple sitting at the counter quietly talking. I sat across from the couple and tiredly looked at the waiter. "Whatcha want?" The man had a addle comforting country accent.

I leaned against my hand and glanced to the dark empty streets. "Egg-creme." He quickly made it and gave it to me. "Is something wrong, son?" I took a second to gather my thoughts and then proceeded to give a slow nod. "Trouble in paradise?" It wasn't really paradise no where close. "Yeah."

For y'all who don't know egg creme is this carbonated, milk, and syrup drink. I first had it in NY on Thanksgiving.

What did y'all think of the chapter?

Thank you for reading!