Chapter 6

Paul's POV

John came back inside from the balcony looking upset. He was frantically looking around the room before laying his eyes on me. "I don't know who you but can you help?" His voice had a desperate quiver to it. I paused for a moment confused. "Sure."

He sat next to me and he reeked of weed. "So I cheated on my husband and I make it better but I keep fucking up. How do I stop fucking up." I looked down at the couch then back at him. He was awaiting an answer but I didn't have one. "I don't know. Why did you do it in the first place?"

"I don't know- I just- well I wasn't thinking. If I knew all of this would've come out I would've said no." I figured I should keep up with this act. "What do you want me to do?"

"Can you fix me please? I think it would help everyone if I wasn't such a train wreck. Paul would be happier. Maybe I should just leave it all." Was John suicidal? Is that what he meant by leave it all? "Are you thinking of k-k-kill- offing yourself."

He looked away in embarrassment. There was a quiet that I interrupted to be a yes. "Do you ever think that it might make it worse for him?" John looked back in confusion. "Why would it make it worse for him or anyone? If I wasn't there to fuck up everything would be fine."

"Jesus, John! Had it ever occurred to you that I-he still loves you‽" I felt like slapping him to give him some sort of clarity but I don't think it would help. "But he doesn't say it."

"Does he fucking need too? He hasn't kicked you out of the house! God you're a dumbass sometimes."

"Seriously? How the fuck was I supposed to see that?" John was beginning to get quite angry. "Do you want me to get Paul?"

"Yes! I don't know who the fuck you are coming here and calling me a dumbass!"

I walked into the bedroom and stood their for a minute before coming back to the living room. I stood in the doorway and John looked at me signaling for me to come over.

"Paul, there was a guy in our house and I have no idea who he was but he called me a dumbass." I walked over to the couch and John pulled me down and hugged me. "Oh he's just a friend he just left."

"Paul, do you love me?" He sounded almost scared of my answer. "Of course I do. What did my friend say to you?" I pretended to sound concerned.

"He said you did and then called me a dumbass."

"At least he's right about too things." I laughed. "Hey!"

Thank you justalegenddarling for helping with this chapter!

What did you think?

Thanks for reading!