Chapter 7

John had finally come down from his high. That whole ordeal was exhausting. I had to clam his paranoid-ass down when the air conditioner turned on. He was a lot more distant though. He stopped hugging me tightly and talking.

Why was he so distant all the fucking time? Does he think I don't wanna be with him? If I didn't want to be with him I would've kicked him out and burned his shit with George and Ringo.

"John? Are you okay?" I moved closer to him on the couch. I wish he'd hug me again I didn't know how much I miss it. "I'm sorry, Paul. I shouldn't of done that."

"What?" I didn't know exactly what he was referring too. "Y'know like told you all that stuff." Everything began felt so tired and overdone. I'm so sick and tired of all of this I just want to be normal again. "For fuck sake John I don't care just hug me again!"

He stared at me in shock. "Any day now John would be good." I said sarcastically. He leaned back and moved closer to me. He put his arm around me. "Was it that hard?"

"Who was your friend?"

"It was me! God you're blind!"

"Bitch! You can't blame me I was high!"

____________

We hadn't had breakfast with each other in a long time. I really missed moments like this. The food didn't really matter just being with him and talking for once.

"What do you wanna do today?" I couldn't help but smile as I looked at him. I had almost forgotten the whole thing with Brian, almost.  "Paul, it's too god damn early for me to think."

"Do you wanna go to a museum or maybe something else?"

"If you'd want too I don't really care where we go."

We eventually paid the check and maid our way to the museum. John's cracked jokes about the paintings except one. It was of two people sitting on a bench under a tree while it was raining. He stood there for a few moments taking it in.

"You don't have a joke for that one?"

"I do but I just like it too much to make fun of it."

I looked at it trying to figure out what John liked about it so much. Was there something that I don't know? Did he see it in a metaphorical way?

Thank you for reading!

What did you think?