Chapter 8

I made the parts Paul's singing italicized so you can read it better.

John's POV

I heard the faint sound of a guitar gently  strumming and someone singing. It was probably Paul. Neither of us had written anything in a long ass time. I stood outside the doorframe for a few minutes.

"Hope I'm not tired of rebuilding
'Cause this might take a little more
I think I'd like to try
Look at you
And feel the way I did before." Paul softly sang but stopped when he realized I was in the doorway.

"Don't stop it's amazing so far." I encouraged.

"Oh our fire died last winter
All of the shouting blew it out-"

"Wait why winter? All of this happened in the summer."

"I know it just makes more sense. Why would someone make a fire in the summer? It's already got as hell and not necessary."

He started to sing again with the same calming tone.
"You know I could live without or with you
But I might like having you about
Yes, these new walls are pretty hard to crack
And it might take a while until I trust you won't attack
I apologize, but it was only self defense
Running away just made sense
But here I am with arms unfolding
I guess it isn't quite the end
Oh, partner in crime
I'm going to try
To fall in love with you again."

I felt like crying but I didn't really know why. I grabbed Paul and pulled him into my arms. "John? Was it alright?"

"It was fantastic." I began to cry. "I'm sorry was it something in the song?" Paul seemed genuinely concerned and I couldn't figure out why.

"Why did I have to go fuck everything up?" I didn't deserve whatever forgiveness Paul was giving my way. "I don't know but there's no point dwelling about it."

The line You know I could live without or with you but I might like having you about played in my head incessantly. "When did you write that?"

"Here and there a little bit at a time. I think I finally finished it, but it's kinda short."

____________

We were having lunch at home. It just now occurred to me that I hadn't been on my social media since all this happened. "Paul, has you been on twitter since the summer?"

"No, why?"

"I just realized I hadn't been either. Should I tweet something?"

"They're gonna destroy you, y'know." He said without a hesitation. "It's been months though and besides twitter's pretty forget full."

I opened my phone and opened up twitter. After a few minutes I decided just to tweet out It's been a while how's everyone been? I was immediately flooded with comments. "Let's see if you're right, Paul."

I scrolled through and the majority were negative. Paul was of course right but I didn't want to tell him that. "Am I right?" I sighed before caving in. "Yes, you're right."

"We should've bet money." Paul said with a laugh.

Thank you for reading!

What do you think?

Also you're welcome for posting two times today!