Chapter 3

Don't forget to vote and comment! Thank you for reading and supporting!

We were in fucking therapy again. She was asking us question but only Paul was answering. I wasn't really paying attention until she asked: "When was the last time you had dinner together?"

I honestly couldn't remember. All of this mess happened in late July and it hasn't been normal since. "I honestly couldn't tell you." I spoke and she seemed surprised. I don't know if she was surprised because I didn't know or that I was speaking.

"I suspect that both you have been avoiding each other. Is that true?" I nodded and looked away. Paul took it upon himself to speak. "Yeah in a way we have been." I guess we kind of have been. I can count the number of time we talk in a day on my two hands.

The therapist looked at the clock and then back at us. "Well it looks like our time is up. I have homework for the both of you: have dinner together tonight and talk."

____________

We were eating Chinese's food at our dinning room table. We were supposed to be talking but neither of us knew what to say. I tried to search for a talking point but I came up with nothing. "So... how was your day?" I know it's too great but beggars can't be choosers.

"It was alright. I forgot how much I missed having dinner with you." Paul have me a weak smile before shifting his eyes down to his food.

"I really just miss being around you and I know I've said this before but... I'm sorry."

"It's alright John we're gonna work it out. I just need sometime to heal from all of it." We went back to comfortable silence until Paul spoke again. "I'm sorry I left it just made sense for the time."

I nodded not knowing what to say. I never thought I'd get an apology. The whole mess was my fault. "Do you wanna see a movie sometime? Y'know like we used two when we were teenagers."

"We can't just walk into a theater anymore." Paul said laughing. "We could just y'know go when barley anyone's there in a disguise." Paul gave me a grin and for the first time since July I felt like everything was gonna be okay.

Thank you for reading!

What did you think?

Have a good day!