Chapter 20

Thanks for 600 reads!

It had been while since Paul and I had been here together. Therapy was going pretty normally, Paul was filling her in on everything that happened. Then Paul dropped a bomb on: "Sometimes I don't think I'll ever be able to forget this."

I felt tears begin to well up. I looked at the uneven books on the shelf to try to prevent myself. Maybe if I could fix the books everything would be fine. "John, what do you think about that?" She said with a sympathetic expression.

"Well... I-I think I can relate in a way, like I want it just to be over with, but everything keeps reminding me I can't."

"I wanna forgive you, John. I really do... I just can't, y'know? John I don't know how you even did it? How does that even happen?"

"It started with a business meeting I guess. He saw how stress I was and... we talked. One thing just led to another."

"Do I not listen to you?"

I didn't really have an answer. I mean he wasn't always the best listener, but I don't think I was ever the best communicator either. He didn't listen when I told him about the Brian or when George and Ringo lied.

"Paul, when John told you why did you think about how he felt when you left?" She said with an almost accusatory voice. I'd never heard her blame anyone for anything before.

"No... I was just trying to tune the whole thing out. Was I supposed too?" I didn't think the blame would ever fall on Paul, I mean I did this. She wrote down a few notes before looking back at us.

"John what did you do when Paul left?"

"The whole thing was a blur, I couldn't tell you a lot of what happened. I do remember I went to the Planetarium we had our first date in around 1 or maybe 2 am." I remember crying so loudly during the show, thank god no one except the employees were there.

"Maybe you should go back there." She suggested as she wrote down a few more notes. I really don't want to go there, something about it just filled me with dread.

"Sure, we'll go there tonight." Paul said before I could protest. Maybe he didn't listen to me, but at the same time what's there to listen too?

Thank you for reading!

Tell me what you think

Have a good day!