xix

January 16th song(s) for this chapter: isn't she lovely X stevie wonder

January 16th
song(s) for this chapter: isn't she lovely X stevie wonder

"Polo! Get your ass over here," Nadira called to she and Gionni's 8 week old pitbull puppy.

He was an energetic puppy for sure, Chanel was out of her baby stage now, and always looked exhausted when he started running around in circles or chasing his tail around

He was an energetic puppy for sure, Chanel was out of her baby stage now, and always looked exhausted when he started running around in circles or chasing his tail around. She liked him better when they napped together.

Nadira adopted Polo as a Christmas present for Gionni, she knew how badly he wanted a baby pit and he was ecstatic when Nadira brought him home. Nayeli was also very excited, but she expected another girl dog, but just settled with dressing Chanel up.

"I know you hear me, little boy!" she called again, following him into the kitchen where Gionni and Nayeli sat, reading. Gionni raised his head from the book, looking over at Nadira chasing him and laughed.

"Polo! Come here, boy," G called to him. The dog immediately stopped in his tracks and trotted over to G's feet, sitting in front of them.

"Why you only listen to him, Polo? Mama is the one who feeds you," she scoffed, finally clipping his leash on so they could go for a walk. Today was Friday and they were preparing to fly down to Florida for Nayeli's birthday weekend. Both dogs were going to kennels and Nadira wanted to walk them before they got dropped off.

"He's my son, that's why," Gionni joked. "You about to walk him?" he asked, standing up off his stool. After the incident with Darius, he was extremely anxious whenever Nadira left the house alone, he always pushed to go with her.

"Yessir, Chanel had her walk already. Are y'all coming with me?" she asked, slipping her lavender fuzzy crocs, that she received from Nayeli, on her feet. They had Christmas together this year, giving gifts early in the morning and dropping gifts off afterward. They ate some at Nadira's parents house and spent time with her family before spending the evening with Gionni's family. It was a very hectic day but everyone enjoyed it all.

"You know I am. Nayeli, get your shoes on, baby," he told her. She hopped off the stool after closing her book, rushing toward the steps. "You got your inhaler, mama?" he asked, grabbing  a plastic bag from the box by the door.