xxxi

"I get to find out what you are today munchkin! Mama is so excited," Nadira danced around her bedroom while rubbing cocoa butter on her stomach

"I get to find out what you are today munchkin! Mama is so excited," Nadira danced around her bedroom while rubbing cocoa butter on her stomach. She found to comforting to do, like her own personal bonding time with her unborn child. She also sang to the baby every night before she fell asleep, whether it be in the shower, while she washed dishes, while she twisted her hair, she always found time in the day to sing to the baby.

"Mommy!" Nayeli called, skipping into the bedroom, making the baby kick. "Ooh! Hey bubby!" she grinned, kissing her belly. The baby loved hearing Nayeli and Gionni's voices, it always kicked when they talked to it.

"Hey sweet pea, you excited?" Nadira smiled slowly sitting down in her bed. She just hit 22 weeks and she was starting to feel some fatigue and back pain. Her feet were swelling if she was on them too long as well.

She was ecstatic though, because this was the farthest she'd ever made in a pregnancy. She lost her first baby at 12 weeks and she lost Khalil at 21. So making it to 22 weeks was a milestone for her and she cried on the morning she realized she made it.

Today was the day of Nadira and Rayne's gender reveal, and she'd been smiling all morning.

"I'm so excited, mama. We get to know about bubby and Tete Rayne's baby too, right?" she tilted her head.

"Yep, me and TT Rayne are having babies really close together, so we wanted to do this together too. Their baby is gonna be your god brother or sister, you know that?" she ran her hands over Nayeli's hair. She loved wearing it down nowadays and since it was getting longer her curls were flourishing.

"Really?" she rubbed her protruding stomach in small circles. Nayeli was just like her dad in the fact that they were both obsessed with her bump.

"Yep, Rayne and Xavier are your godparents, so their baby is gonna be your god brother or your god sister," she said. Nadira stood back up to finally get dressed. She, Rayne, Xavier and Gionni were all wearing white outfits, as was Nayeli. Gionni was downstairs at the moment feeding the dogs so they'd be okay for when they left.

He was ecstatic, he didn't ever specify wanting a specific gender, he always just said he wanted a healthy child, but everyone who knew Gionni knew he'd always wanted a son. He loved his daughter of course, but he always used to say if he had a second child he'd want a son.

"Baby! Y'all ready?" Gionni called from the base of the stairs.

"Tell daddy give me five minutes, mamas," Nadira said to Nayeli. She nodded her head and ran off, disappearing into the hallway as Dira shimmied into her white dress. She made sure her hair was perfect before she slid into some flats and made her way downstairs. She had her heels in her hand so that she could slip them on right before she got to Rayne's house.

She made her way downstairs, petting Polo, who immediately ran to her feet. It seemed like he was the only dog of the three who realized Nadira was pregnant. He wanted to be near her all the time and laid his head on her belly frequently. She was so used to Polo following behind Gionni all the time, his sudden attention made her smile.