Chapter 2

~Jeno~

I stood up hastily, and started to march out of the cafeteria.

"Jeno-hyung, where're you going?" I heard Chenle ask, but I was too distracted by what Doyoung said to care.

"Hyung, what're you talking about?" I questioned to the other end of the phone. "What do you mean I have to come back home? Where's this comin' from?"

There was a sigh that came from the other line, and I knew Doyoung was just as stressed as I was. "Listen, Jeno-ah, calm down. This is only for a couple of days." The elder told.

I narrowed my eyes in confusion, and tightened my grip on my phone. "Hyung, I don't care! If you're not gonna tell me why 'The House' needs me, then I'm endin' the call." I threatened. As much as I respected Doyoung, every time I was told to return to 'The House' I would always end up getting heated.

'The House', Johnny's house to be correct, was a huge mansion given to us by our ancestors as a place for unity and tranquility for our kind. Our pack, Neo Culture, was one of the biggest in South Korea so far, with many allies to our call, and us to theirs. Supernatural beings were becoming scarce ever since the last Grand War that happened in the early 1900s. Regardless of the century that passed, creatures like us had vanished into the population of humans. I was doing just the same, not by fear, but by choice.

"Jeno!" Doyoung shouted, seriousness laced in his tone. "We need you! The pack needs you! I understand that you dislike coming here, but our pack is in danger!"

I became speechless. Too many thoughts of worry filled my head. I wanted to blurt out a hundred questions, but I could only manage to whisper one. "What?" I asked.

Doyoung let out a sigh that flowed through the phone. "Jeno, vampires have been spotted in the streets of Seoul, and as of now they've killed over ten different humans in the past two days." The elder informed grimly.

My eyes widened in complete shock. "What the hell! Why the fuck is this happening?! Don't those dumbasses realize that once they pass twenty they'll be breaking The UNatural Code of Law?! Do they want another war of their kind?!" I yelled angrily. My loud ranting attracted some of the students attention, so I quickly made my way to the back of the school's parking lot so no one could overhear my conversation.

"Hyung, are you serious right now?" I asked, beginning to pace on the sidewalk. I rubbed my temples trying to process what Doyoung said.

Anything and everything regarding 'The House' or the pack always left me on edge. Another one of the reasons why I chose to leave.

Doyoung hummed. "Yeah, unfortunately." He let out another sigh before continuing. "Johnny has been going on nightly stakeouts with Yuta and Jaehyun ever since the first one happened. The rest of us haven't been given any other orders."

I stopped in my tracks as new thoughts bounced in my head. "Wait," I mumbled to myself. I haven't heard of any attacks goin' on here. What if... My eyes widened. "Hyung, what if it's an attack towards us?! If the attacks only happenin' in Seoul maybe instead of wanting a war with humans, maybe they want war with us!" I announced.

My jaw fell in astonishment at my own intellect.

I heard a scoff come from Doyoung. "Jeno-yah, don't you think we've already thought of that?" He questioned sarcastically.