Chapter 36

~Jaemin~

It was dark in 'The House', both inside and out. It was pouring, the rain beating on the glass as if it was shooting at me. If I wasn't already depressed enough, the sky just had to had to make things worse.

It was almost noon, but the weather hadn't let up since we left 'The Clinic'. Ten had immediately begun surgery on Jeno as soon as he was admitted, having to come up with an excuse to give to his co-workers who were shocked at the sight. For about two hours Taeil, Hansol, Doyoung, and I stood outside the small operation room they had, each of us becoming more stressed as the seconds ticked by. Taeil tried to take me home, but I wouldn't budge from my seat until I saw Ten. The latter told us he succeeded in patching up Jeno, but since the wound was so deep he couldn't confirm when Jeno would be conscious again. After that Ten didn't let us visit since we were all badly hurt as well, so he sent us home, saying he would call when Jeno woke up. That was around seven in the morning yesterday.

It was shocking to see a werewolf, especially a True Alpha, suffer from such a fatal wound. That's what scared all of us. Usually it would take only a few hours for us to be at full health, but here one of us were at a hospital.

I put a hand to my chest, feeling a bit of a sting where Jeno's stitches were supposed to be. It let me know he still wasn't better.

I hadn't gotten any sleep since Jeno was admitted. I knew it was bad for me to keep worrying, but every time I closed my eyes to take some form of rest all I could see was Jeno's bloodied and scratched up body.

I heard a knock on my door, and after a few seconds, Jisung walked in. He blinked, adjusting to darkness of my room as he looked to me who was sitting in the corner of my room. My eyes were fixed on my window where the rain desperately shot at me.

"Jaemin-hyung..." Jisung whispered, coming closer. He crouched down next to me, and waited until I turned my head to him. "Are you hungry?" He asked, reaching up to pet my hair in attempts to be comforting. I shook my head at his question.

The younger frowned at my response, but didn't continue to pry. "Chenle and I are gonna head to 'The Clinic' to check up on Jeno and Ten, if you wanna come." He told.

This time I nodded which earned me a light smile from Jisung. "Alright, come down when you're ready." He said before standing and walking out.

I watched the door close, and after a few minutes of silence and listening to the rain, I rose to my feet. I didn't have to look in a mirror to know I looked horrible, so I threw on a jacket, keeping the hood up, and splashed my face with water before heading downstairs.

It had become quiet in 'The House'. Nobody was fooling around or brawling like we usually did. The only thing we could do was wait for a call back from Ten.

Chenle and Jisung sat on the couch silently as they waited. The first one to notice me was Jisung who shot up. "Hyung," He said, making Chenle's head snap up as well. "Are you ready to go?" Jisung asked.

Nodding my head, I stuffed my hands in my pockets and gave the two a smile before making my way to the door.

"Hyung," Chenle called. "Are you sure you don't wanna eat anything?"

I turned to the two. Their attempt of being concerned but discreet was too obvious. Everyone was worried about me, but I only cared about what would happen to Jeno. Nothing I tried made me feel any better, it only added to the weight on my chest, giving me a suffocating sensation. So all I could do was wait for Jeno to wake up. Even if everything would end up going back to the way it was, I would feel better knowing he was fine.