Chapter 13

~Yangyang~

I zipped up my backpack, wallowing in the immense silence of the room. Xiaojun and Jisung were standing by the front door waiting for me to finish getting ready. It was 12:17pm already.

When we arrived home last night, it was intoxicatingly quiet. Jeno had passed out, and both Xiaojun and Jisung weren't speaking to me. It was even more awkward by the time we had to sleep.

I ran a hand through my hair before slinging my bag over my shoulder. Once the two saw I was ready they walked out without waiting any longer. I sighed before following them out.

When Jeno woke up this morning he was completely worn out, and mentally drained. We sensed that he had woken up, but he locked himself in his room, sobbing quietly to himself. None of us wanted to bother him, so instead, we decided to go to school in order to find more information that could stop these attacks.

Just like the day before, the school had an ominous buzz surrounding it. However, there were more police officers and investigators. Two murders in the span of two days. If this kept up the school would definitely shut down, or the students would run away.

Jisung walked up to Jeno's friends, Sooyoung and Yeri, who had their own pair of grim faces. Without saying a word, Jisung opened his arms and embraced the two girls.

We were all shocked, even Sooyoung and Yeri, since we had only known each other for barely a few days. But, it was better this way than to bring up the topic once more.

Jisung pulled back, letting a small reassuring smile form on his face.

Since it was already late, and the three of us missed all the day classes, Jisung decided to be the one who skipped with Yeri while Xiaojun walked around campus trying to figure things out. I was left alone.

Letting out a sigh, I looked up to find Sooyoung staring at me with a lopsided smile. I returned the gesture, but stayed silent, not feeling too comfortable around the elder.

Sooyoung cleared her throat. "Wanna head to class together?" She awkwardly asked. I shoved my hands in my pockets, striding to her side as a sign of approval to which she smiled to.

The two of us made our way to the stairs, keeping a safe distance and silence between us.

Sooyoung obviously didn't like it since she cleared her throat and began a conversation. "So, where's Jeno?" She asked, keeping her eyes glued to her swaying bag in front of her.

I gulped, remembering the situation of yesterday once more. "Umm, he's at home." I spoke. "He heard the news and decided not to come."

With a hum, Sooyoung nodded in understanding. Before the silence settled once more I decided to speak up, also clearing my throat. "And what about Chenle?" I questioned.

Sooyoung's lips formed in a straight. "Well, he hasn't been texting me recently, but I'm assuming it's because of what happened. I think he's the same as Jeno." She responded.

I nodded and the two of us continued to walk through the halls. It was immensely awkward, but I was only worried about the tension I'd have to face with Xiaojun and Jisung later, if they even gave me a chance to be with them.