Chapter 18

~Jaemin~

The entire car ride back home was excruciatingly awkward. Now that we had an extra member with us, it made less room for all of us to be separated. I would've chosen to leave Chenle behind, but since he had a relation to Jisung we had no other choice. Jeno didn't oppose it, but then again, he hadn't spoken ever since we left the house where he was trapped in.

Is Chenle gonna end up like me? I thought. Suffering from the cold shoulder for the rest of his life?

I leaned my head on the window, glancing to Jeno who sat in front of me. I felt bad for him, but I would never apologize for my betrayal. In my eyes, along with everyone else in the pack, I never betrayed him in the first place, but I'd rather him think that than believe anything else. Sometimes it became rather suffocating to live as his last thought.

The car came to a halt which made me look up. There 'The House' was. Big and towering over everything else in the area, and we belonged to that intimidating building.

Jeno was the first to get out of the car, followed by Xiaojun and Yangyang. The two had tried to crack jokes the entire car ride to ease the tension, but the only person who laughed was the driver. On the other hand, Jisung and Chenle, who sat next to me, stayed silent. Chenle even cried, but he tried his best to stay silent by stuffing his head in his shirt. Jisung was the only person who tried to comfort him.

I was the last to leave the car, and the last to walk through the gates. Letting out a shaky breath, I made my way inside to find Yangyang clinging to Yuta's back.

"Hyung!" Yangyang cried, pulling the elder's ears. "Please curse! I need my normal dose of craziness or else I'm gonna snap!"

Yuta furrowed his brows in confusion, and looked to Taeil for permission. Getting a nod from the eldest, Yuta took a breath. "You son of a bitch! If you don't get off my fucking back and stop yelling in my fucking ear I'll murder you in your sleep, you piece of shit!" He shouted, throwing Yangyang off him.

Instead of being shocked or angry, Yangyang beamed in happiness, and reattached himself to Yuta. "Thank you!" The younger exclaimed, sighing in relief.

Xiaojun, however, went to hug Jungwoo, trying to surround himself with the adorable goodness the elder radiated.

I rolled my eyes at the two. Once everyone realized my presence, they immediately smiled, happy to see I was back safe and sound. Kunhang jumped over the long legs of Lucas and made his way over to sling his arm around my shoulder. "Did you miss the crazy of the family too?" He asked, ruffling my hair.

Finally letting a smile appear on my face, I pushed the elder's hand away, and straightened my locks. "If you're talking about yourself, then no." I joked, only to receive a light punch on my side.

Looking around I noticed how Jeno, Jisung and Chenle had all disappeared. I also hadn't seen Johnny at all, and usually he would be here to greet us. I voiced my thoughts to the elders.

Jaehyun pointed behind him as he lounged on the couch next to Doyoung and Taeil. "John's with the others in the office." Jaehyun answered. I hummed in acknowledgement, and went to sit with the others, Kunhang staying next to me.

Donghyuck smacked his hands on the table, making everyone look in his direction. "Hey! Now that all of you are here, spill the frickin' tea! You guys came walking in like you've seen some shit!" The elder exclaimed, leaning closer to the coffee table in the middle.