Chapter 22

~Jeno~

Hansol's smile faded as he made eye contact with the crying Jaemin. He was clearly taken aback once the younger threw himself into his arms, sobbing onto his shoulder. Hansol hugged back, but he gave Johnny a confused look.

The latter cleared his throat, and carefully removed Jaemin off of Hansol. Jaemin sniffled. "Sorry." He croaked. Everyone watched as he dragged himself back upstairs, not sparing anyone a single glance.

After a few more seconds of tension filled silence, Hansol finally spoke up, gaining our attention. "Well, umm, I'll definitely have to ask about that later, but umm, nice to see you guys again." He spoke nervously.

No one seemed to be in the mood to give the elder a smile or any form of welcome, except for Kun. The latter was the only one of us who smiled once seeing his arrival, after all he hadn't seen his mate in a few months. Giving Hansol a tight hug, Kun rested his head on his mate's chest, finally breaking into a genuine smile, one that neither of us here have seen.

Ji Hansol was an Alpha-Beta belonging to the NewK pack south from Seoul. He used to belong to our pack, him being here as long as Johnny has, but decided to go his separate ways since the south wasn't as heavily protected as the city was. Then, after a few months there he made friends and stayed, much to Kun's dismay, so the two had to survive with a long distance relationship.

Now that the two reunited, Kun's usual grim face became as bright as Donghyuck's sunny self.

Footsteps came trudging down the stairs, and a sleepy Yuta appeared right next to me. Once he finally processed the atmosphere of the room, he grew confused. "Imma need an explanation of why Jaemin's crying and if what Kun's hugging is really Ji Hansol." The elder said, rubbing his eyes and squinting.

Most of us still weren't up yet, it being almost eight in the morning, but too many things happened within the span of an hour.

We looked to Johnny, waiting for an order or some form of explanation. Messaging his temples, Johnny sighed. "We need to have a meeting." He said, looking to Yuta who groaned at having to climb the stairs again.

Just like that, the entire pack, from the sleeping ones to the crying ones, met up in kitchen where Jaehyun and Chenle started to cook breakfast.

Taeil's eyes widened once he saw Hansol sitting on a stool by the kitchen island. "Is that Ji Hansol I'm seeing?" The eldest asked, shocked to see his friend amongst them again.

Taeil and Doyoung made their way to sit next to Hansol and Kun before Johnny officially started the meeting.

"Okay, I'd like to start the meeting," The latter announced. Sucking in a breath, Johnny gestured to the new face in the room, being Hansol. "Firstly, to address the elephant in the room, our old friend Hansol came back." The leader continued.

Hansol waved to the pack members, but his smile widened once he noticed my presence. I returned the gesture by giving him an eye smile.

"Hansol-hyung," Jaehyun spoke up. "Not to be rude, but what're you doing here?"

Hansol's ears perked at the mention of his name, realizing that all eyes were on him. "Did you guys really expect me not to come after hearing of all the vampire cases. The news is all over Korea." He scoffed, placing his head on Kun's lap, the latter being seated on the tall table.