Chapter 3

~Jeno~

I leaned my head on the car's window, holding back a sigh. This two hour taxi drive passed too quickly for my liking. I watched as the buildings only grew larger as we drove deeper into the city of Seoul.

The streets seemed emptier than usual. Of course, there were the same people busily making their way to work, but everything was gray. Every time I come here the world gets grayer. I thought, finally heaving a sigh.

I felt the car coming to a stop, and I looked up to find the metal gate belonging to 'The House'.

"Sir, how would you like me to continue?" The taxi driver asked.

I stared at the gate for a minute longer, deciding whether or not I should ask him to drive back, but I saw a figure approaching which beat me to the latter. It was Kun.

He walked up to the driver's window, and lightly tapped on it. After the driver rolled down his window, Kun stuck out his hand and gave a wad of cash to the shocked driver. "Thank you for bringing him here, sir. You can keep the change if you'd like." Kun said, giving a respectful bow.

The driver's jaw dropped once he laid his eyes onto the thick amount of bills that was being handed to him.

I stepped out of the taxi, and went up to the elder with my bag already in hand. "Hyung, you didn't have to do that." I said, giving my own bow to the driver shortly after watching him drive away.

Kun gave me a smile as he slung his arm around my shoulder. "Ah, Jeno-yah, I'm just glad to have you back. We all are." He replied.

The elder opened the big gate with a small push, and the two of us walked through. The loud clang of the metal gate closing didn't frighten me as much as it used too.

Kun peered over my shoulder, and took a glance towards my backpack. "Jeno, is that all you have?" He questioned with a lighthearted laugh.

"Well, I don't plan on staying here for long..." I trailed off when I saw Kun's smile shift into a crooked frown. I cleared my throat before the awkward tension could settle. "In any case, I'm glad to be back." I continued, plastering a small grin.

Kun furrowed his eyebrows as he stared at me. The elder didn't seem too convinced at my enthusiasm, but he decided to ignore it.

"Everyone really missed you, Jeno." Kun heaved, shifting his eyes to something in the distance.

I let out a short sigh. "I know, you already said it, too." I replied halfheartedly. The more everyone said they missed me, the more guilt and anger I would feel rising from the pit in my stomach.

Kun released me from his hold, and took a step back. "No, Jeno, you don't understand. When I say that everyone missed you, I'm telling you they really missed you." He repeated, putting more emphasis on his words.

Just as I was about to question him, however, there was a loud scream that startled Kun and I.

"JENO!" Donghyuck screamed.

I spun around to find the younger bolting right at me at full speed, and it didn't look like he was stopping. With full anticipation of him jumping onto me, I shut my eyes waiting for the new weight. When it didn't come I hesitantly opened my eyes. Donghyuck stood silently with his hand out, waiting for me to reciprocate to the gesture. I smiled once I finally caught on to the younger's idea.