Chapter 19

~Jeno~

I groggily opened my eyes, waking up because of the loud noises outside my window.

What the fuck.

I could hear the screams and shouts of my pack members, almost forgetting that I had finally spent one night in my old, dusty room. Two years and now I had returned. Crazy how time flew.

I dragged myself out of bed, glancing at the clock as I went to throw a hoodie on my messy self. It's eight ass in the fucking morning! I mentally complained. Who the fuck is up so fucking early?!

Making my way to the window, and peeked out of the curtains only to find all the alphas engaging in a playful brawl outside. It was Jaehyun and Yuta fighting, and the latter was currently winning with Jaehyun being placed in a headlock. Mark was reffing, and Johnny and Chenle sat closer to the house while the other alphas were spectating the fight.

Heaving out a sigh, I let the curtain fall shut. It'd be better for me to go to them before one of their loud asses came to wake me. Besides, I couldn't sleep anymore, especially since I still wasn't comfortable in the bedroom. It held way too many unwanted memories.

Wearing nothing but a loose hoodie and basketball shorts, I slowly made my way downstairs, finding Sicheng and the rest of the omegas playing some sort of game. Jungwoo and Xiaojun were playing the latest release of JustDance while both Sicheng and Donghyuck were glued to their phones, the latter multitasking with a paddleball in his other hand. How does everyone have so much energy?! I thought, still feeling sleepiness pull me down.

Sicheng glanced up at me, and sent me a wave. "Good morning Jeno!" He smiled, giving me a pat as I crouched down to give the elder a hug.

"Good morning Jeno!" The other three chimed, Donghyuck speaking lazily.

I heard a groan come from the kitchen, and looking further, I saw Kun and the true betas having a ridiculously serious game of go fish. When I say ridiculously serious, I mean Renjun was collapsed on the floor while Doyoung stood triumphantly above him with his hands placed cockily on his hips. Taeil stared passionately at his mate while Kun had lost interest and started building a house of cards. These four were considered the most intelligent of our pack, let me mind you.

Once Doyoung made eye contact with me, he ran over and pulled me into a tight embrace.

Cupping my face, Doyoung lightly pinched my cheek. "Oh my son, you look so cute!" He cooed, fixing my hoodie so it wouldn't fall to the side. "Did you sleep well?"

With a nod coming from me, Doyoung smiled once more, scrunching his nose like the secret bunny he was before turning to Taeil. The latter tossed me an apple which I caught by surprise. "You better go outside before Yukhei barges in looking for you again." Taeil said. Doyoung nodded. "I stopped him for you." He added proudly.

Just then, Renjun resurrected and placed a heavy hand on the table, causing Kun's card house to fall. "Hey!" The elder yelled.

I quickly made my way out of the kitchen, and finally stepped into the large backyard. Now, the fight had changed to Jaemin vs. Jisung, so most of them didn't notice my presence.

Silently sitting next to Johnny and Chenle, the latter jumped once he noticed me. "Jeez, can you be any weirder!" Chenle screamed, hitting my arm for unintentionally scaring him. Johnny, on the other hand, said a simple good morning.