Chapter 9

~Jeno~

I stood frozen in the middle of the hallway as Sooyoung, Yeri and Chenle started walking towards the new seniors.

How are they here?! I mentally shouted. Did they follow me? Did Johnny send them? This isn't right! They shouldn't be here! They shouldn't even know what school I go to!

I blinked back to reality. My mind was on hyper speed right now as I thought of how to sneak away without being noticed.

But it was too late. They had already sensed my presence.

I saw how Xiaojun looked up, watching my friends walk up to them, but when he looked further away he saw me. It was like slow motion. Xiaojun turned to Yangyang and Jisung with wide eyes, and pointed in my direction. The two youngers snapped their heads to look at me, dropped their papers and bolted my way. They completely disregarded my friends who had just begun to talk to them.

"Jeno!" They shouted, tackling me into an embrace from all sides.

I let out a grunt as I tried to stop myself from falling. This seriously can't be happening. I thought once more.

Jisung looked up to me with his big brown eyes, and latched on my arm. "Hyung, I thought I was never gonna see you again after you left!" He claimed, cracking an relieved smile.

"I'm so glad we found you, Jeno-hyung!" Yangyang added in glee.

I shook my head, and escaped from their hold. I glanced to my friends who all had shocked expressions. I shut my eyes tight, in order to think and to pray that this was all a dream. As much as I love my pack members, they always brought some sort of trouble.

"What're you guys doing here?" I asked. "Where are the rest?"

Xiaojun let out a small giggle. "It's just us, and Johnny told us to come. He said it'd be better to make sure you were safe." The elder told, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

Yangyang vigorously nodded. "This is our mission, and we're not gonna let you down, Boss!" He exclaimed, giving me a salut which Jisung copied.

I quickly pulled their hands down and shushed them once I saw Sooyoung approaching.

The latter cleared her throat, and gave a friendly smile to the boys. Yeri held onto her lover's arm, and gave her own smirk type smile.

"I'm sorry for this rude interruption," Sooyoung started. The elder turned to me, and continued. "Jeno, you know the new seniors?"

I suppressed a sigh, and scratched the back of my neck. I saw how Xiaojun raised a brow in my direction, but out of the three I'm assuming he understood my situation.

I cleared my throat as I teared my eyes away from the elder. "These are my brothers from Seoul." I told. I tried to lightly smile, but it probably came off as strange since Yeri sent me a look.

"Wait," The latter spoke. "You're Jeno's family? The one from the gang?" Yeri whispered the last part to Yangyang.

I slapped my forehead, and pushed Yeri away. "No, Yerim." I muttered, glancing to Sooyoung who simply shook her head. "They are my family, not by blood, by upbringing." I continued.