Chapter 30

~Ten~

Chenle burst through the large mansion, running as fast as he possibly could up the stairs without even glancing to the rest of us. He then was followed by a panicked Jisung chasing after him and repeatedly calling his name without getting an answer. It left all of us spectators confused.

I, along with Jaesun, came by for a short hello since the younger missed his dad so much. I missed Johnny too, but part of me wanted to check if everyone was physically intact. I knew werewolves healed fast, but it still didn't sit well with me when I heard one of them got hurt.

I had only arrived a few minutes before Chenle and Jisung stormed inside. I looked up the stairs, but the two disappeared behind their doors and no other sound could be heard.

I furrowed my brows and leaned back to look at Johnny, Jaeyong and Kunsol who sat across from me. "Do you think everything's alright?" I asked, only receiving a shrug from Hansol in return. Johnny kept his eyes locked onto the stairs, so his response was delayed.

I sucked in a breath, brushing off the two, but as soon as I thought everything was as it should be, I heard a loud boom come up the stairs, and without another second of hesitation all of us ran up to see what had happened.

We saw Jisung pounding on his bedroom door, and calling out Chenle's name, but it was silent on the other end. Slowly, the youngest felt his legs give out and he melted to the floor.

Jaehyun rushed to Jisung, wrapping an arm around him. "Jisung, what happened?" Jaehyun asked.

Sniffles came from the youngest, and when he lifted his head we saw how tears streaks started to make a mark on his face.

Jisung looked to Jaehyun with eyes pooling in tears, slowly enveloping the elder in a loose hug. Immediately the younger broke down, and bawled in Jaehyun's arms. "Hyung, they want to kill him!" Jisung cried, tightening his hold on the elder.

I blinked in shock. What the hell is he talking about? I mentally questioned.

Jaehyun glanced up to Johnny, wondering what he should do. The latter saw his friend's signal, and approached the two. Johnny carefully placed his hands on the youngest, and lifted him off the floor. Using his thumb to softly wipe away Jisung's tears, Johnny put his arm around the youngest's shoulders. "Why don't we talk about it more downstairs?" He murmured, giving a small smile. Jisung nodded, and trudged down with the help of Jaehyun holding him up.

Before I could follow the rest, Johnny stopped me. "Ten-ah," He said, still in a quiet voice. "Can you try to talk to Chenle, please? I don't feel comfortable leaving him alone."

I hummed with a nod, watching as Johnny made his way to the others after giving me a quick peck on the cheek.

Turning on my heel, I faced ChenJi's door. I let out a heavy sigh, praying that my psychology degree would come in handy. I didn't double major for nothing! I thought, mentally cheering myself up.

I knocked on the door, but as expected no answer came. Not a single word came from the wizard inside. I knew he wouldn't get the door anytime soon, so I thought of a plan on how to get in. An idea popped into my head, and I went to the bathroom to find myself a bobby-pin, something Yuta only used since his hair kept growing.