Chapter 12

~Jeno~

A branch cracked which made me quickly retreat my hand. I watched as the branch fell almost three stories down before landing on the cold hard dirt. I shuddered at the realization of the distance between me and the ground.

I let out a loud sigh as I shook my head, remembering how I first ended up in this overly risky situation.

It was after the prosecutor and police officers left which was after hours when all the students tried to catch a glimpse of the scene. I even saw Yeri and Sooyoung in the crowd of student. Disappointed but not surprised.

Now, it was about ten at night, and Xiaojun, Yangyang, Jisung and I decided to stake out the school just in case any other students decided to make a deal with the devils.

Two hours later, here we are in the trees of the school.

"Hey! Jisung! Wake your ass up!" Yangyang whisper shouted, throwing a rock in the younger's direction.

Yangyang and Xiaojun were at the opposite corner of the school, but with our earbuds and phones we were able to hear each other. Jisung was near the back entrance hiding himself in the bushes near the open garden.

The four of us were perfectly looking at every angle of the school grounds, so anyone who got in or out would be seen by us. A wonderful plan made by the excited Jisung, even though he was the first to sleep on the job.

I chewed nervously on the inside of my cheek. I was praying that no one showed up today. I didn't want to fight, even if it's in my nature, I've strayed away from "myself".

"Jeno," Yangyang began, speaking through the phone. "Why so quiet? You're not sleeping on us, are you?"

I blinked, looking over to where the latter and Xiaojun were positioned. "No." I replied. "Just thinking."

Yangyang hummed, but allowed me to keep my silence. I could still sense his eyes lingering on me, but I chose to go back to my thoughts. My mind was filled on who would make a deal with a vampire? If it were anyone who would it be, and why? And why were vampires luring people to their deaths?

I shut my eyes tightly, trying to think of a plausible solution, but all it did was make me realize how tired I was.

"Jeno," I heard Xiaojun whisper. My eyes snapped open, looking to the elder. I was ready to pounce at any given moment, all I needed was a sighting.

"Jeno, you can chill, take a nap and we'll take care of the rest." Xiaojun told.

I shook my head. "I'm fine, don't worry, the more people who watch the better." I responded. I soon went back to paying attention to the school. Oddly enough, the school was right next to a forest. It wasn't dangerous or anything, it having a trail for its tourists, but it was extremely large and mysterious.

A scream was heard, echoing through the halls until it reached outside the doors. It was so loud and bloodcurdling that it made my hairs stand up.

I immediately zipped down the tree, and ran towards the entrance which was unlocked. How?! I questioned, bolting inside. Xiaojun, Yangyang and Jisung followed close behind me, but soon Yangyang led the way, going in the direction of where we last heard the scream.