Chapter 8

~Jeno~
(...2 days later...)

I heavily groaned once I heard my overused alarm ring through my tiny apartment. I tried to use my pillow to muffle the sound, but it just made me uncomfortable. I sighed as I threw my pillow to the side and punched my alarm clock off.

Groggily sitting up, I rubbed my eyes to see the time. 6:41AM.

I have to go to school. I mentally told, already regretting waking up.

After staring at the floor for another five minutes I gave myself a light slap on the face so I could wake up. Taking a breath, I finally got out of bed and moved to the bathroom where I freshened up and changed. It only took me a solid fifteen minutes, but I was already out of the house once the clock struck seven.

School was close enough to walk, but I hated the journey since it gave me too much time to think.

I ruffled my hair to avoid thinking, and luckily, once I looked up I was met by the tall high school in front of me. I chuckled, and continued to walk forward.

I felt a harsh slap on the back of my head once I walked inside, but before I could complain, another weight pushed on my stomach. I blinked, and found Yeri giving me a smirk with Chenle clinging to my waist.

"Jeno!" Chenle exclaimed, tightening his grip. "Where have you been?!"

Yeri scoffed which made me send her a glare. The elder crossed her arms and sized me like she did every time we encountered each other. "Here I thought you'd learned your lesson and go away, but you're back. Whoopee."  She said in sarcasm.

I pursed my lips. "Hmm, I definitely missed you least of all." I replied with a hum.

Yeri broke her serious expression with a giggle and ruffled my hair.

The bell rang signaling the start of first period which made me groan internally. Chenle smiled, and latched onto my arm, already pulling me towards first period. "Come on! I bet everyone's gonna be excited to see you." He said, grabbing onto Yeri as well.

Luckily, the day passed by quick, but as much as I hated school, I hated being alone at home more. I would be stuck with my piling thoughts, and I'll be sleepless for another night.

I let out a breath once the lunch bell rang. From the corner of my eye I could already see Chenle hopping his way towards me.

"Jeno-hyung, let's get lunch in the cafeteria today. I heard they're serving parfaits!" The younger exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes, and let myself be dragged to the cafeteria full of loud and annoying students who chewed too loudly. Chenle loved this scene.

I fell in my chair and placed my head on the table. "I will never understand Mrs. Bae." I groaned, rubbing my temples.

Chenle laughed at my pathetic self, and reached over to pat my hair. "If you need, I can get you a tutor, hyung." He offered, giving an innocent smile.

I raised an eyebrow, and sized the younger. His deceiving smile was too familiar. "If you gon' put me and that Soobin kid in the same room again, you got another thing comin'." I spat, narrowing my eyes.