Chapter 4

~Jeno~

I lowly growled as I made eye contact with the menacing Na Jaemin. His cocky smirk only made me despise him more. He was the sole reason as to why I never returned to 'The House'. Unfortunately, everyone still considered him part of our pack after his dreadful act of betrayal. So, the deal I made with Johnny was to either kick him out, and I stay, or let him stay, and I leave instead. The elder decidedly chose the latter.

I shook off Doyoung's arm from my shoulder and stomped up the steps towards Jaemin. If only I could clock him in the face. I thought, tightening my fists.

"Jeno." Yuta warned as I got closer to Jaemin.

I mentally sent a curse to the elder, but chose to listen, not wanting to cause a scene on my first day of arriving.

I sent a glare to Jaemin, who kept his lips fixed in a grin, and roughly bumped my shoulder against his as I passed him into the house.

"Jeno!" Johnny exclaimed, clearly excited at my arrival. I boldly ignored the elder, and headed in the direction of his office. "Hey!" I heard him call out.

Without looking back, I slammed the door to Johnny's office behind me, feeling the rapid vibrations go up my arm. I saw how the hung up pictures frames lightly shook on the walls.

I clenched my fists tightly as I paced throughout the office, biting my nails to keep calm.

I took a few glances to the pictures on the walls. They were mostly group pictures of the pack, and a few separate pictures of the 1st and 2nd Gen. I stopped directly in front of an old 2nd Gen group photo, way before Xiaojun, Kunhang and Yangyang showed up. My eyes traveled to how close Jaemin and I were. My arm was around his shoulders, and his around my waist. At that point we were the only mates in the 2nd Gen. I sucked my teeth in anger. If only my past self wasn't such a dumbass. I thought, turning away from the picture.

I continued to pace around the office until I heard the door crack open. I turned to find Johnny walking in, and closing the door behind him.

The elder sent me an attempt at a comforting smile, but I sucked my teeth and continued to pace, choosing to ignore him.

Johnny let out a sigh, making his way to his desk as he gave me a pat on my shoulder. "Y'know, it'd be best for you to just ignore Jaemin instead of picking fights with him, since you're staying here and all." He commented, taking a seat, and comfortably placing his legs on his desk.

My eyes narrowed, and I spared a glance to Johnny as I turned my pacing away from him. I scoffed. "I don't really plan on stayin' long if that's what you had in mind. Sorry to disappoint." I responded. I chose to take a seat on a small couch that rested directly across the pictures I was looking at before. I tried to ignore the taunting pictures, but my eyes forced me to stare back at them again. My hand gripped the arm rest, and in order to calm myself I lightly scratched at the wooden seat.

Johnny frowned, but he said nothing. The two of us sat in a tension filled silence. I internally cursed while I assumed Johnny was thinking of a wise comeback.

"Well," The elder began, making me stop my movements. "The least you can do is not make a scene in front of everyone. If you're gonna pick a fight with Jaemin, do it where it doesn't make everyone else feel awkward."