Chapter 17

~Jeno~

It was dark. Not too dark, but I still couldn't see clearly. My senses were blocked, and it made me panic momentarily.

Analyzing my situation, the last thing I remembered was being hit in the head by Chenle and falling asleep, for some weird reason. Now, I was blindfolded and tied to a chair. I tried to refrain from thinking I was sold in some sex trade, but all I knew was that I was definitely in trouble.

However, before I could use any of my powers to free myself, I heard footsteps approaching and the awful smell of vampires.

With a small giggle, the cold hands of the vampire removed the blindfold off my face and I was met with an entire room full of the creatures. There were about ten to count, but I kept my expression neutral.

The female vampire in front of me cooed at my miserable state. "Aww, the little doggy looks so cute!" She said, pinching my cheek.

I furrowed my brows. "Okay, gross." I responded, looking to anywhere but her.

I saw how some vampires muffled their laughs which obviously made their leader flustered. Removing her hand from my face, the female vampire sucked in a breath. "Well, I'll only have to deal with your bullshit for another twenty minutes before the car comes." She muttered, glancing to her watch. Grinning, the vampire looked to me with bright eyes. "Then, you'll finally see the king and die."

"Really?!" I exclaimed, surprising the entire room. "That's so thoughtful of you, really. I get to meet a king and die. Thank god! I've been stressing over this one class, and I'd do anything to get out of it. Dying is a wonderful option."

The female vampire raised her brow. She looked to her fellow vampires before going back to me. "Wow, is the entirety of your generation like this?" She asked, now feeling a bit awkward at my optimism. With a nod from my end, the vampire pursed her lips. "Well then, I guess I have less of a reason to feel sorry for the human race." She added.

I held back a laugh. These vampires are really stupid. So much for centuries of wisdom. I thought. I was messing with them. If I was really going out I was going to at least have some fun with it. Besides I knew the 2nd Gen were on there way. Well, at least I knew Jaemin was coming for sure. As much as I hated him, he knew that if I died, he died. Maybe dying isn't such a bad idea. I shook away the thought as a new one popped in my mind.

"Hold up," I started, making the female vampire turn. I tilted my head to the side, looking at the others behind her. "Before I die, I'd like to know which one of you killed Oh Yoo-Jin and Choi Ahn-ah?"

Suddenly, a voice from behind me sounded, and vampire went around to ruffle my hair. He smiled proudly. "That'd be me." He said, brushing off his shoulders.

I clenched my fists. Stay calm. I thought. Glancing around the room, I did a double check with the amount of vampires inside. Ten, again. I mentally cursed. Where the hell are they?!

I looked up to the wretched vampire who claimed to kill my friends. He seemed overly proud, and I was ready to wipe that smile off his face.

Fortunately, that moment came sooner than expected. A howl ripped through the silence of the room, and all the vampires went on edge in fear.

"Fucking finally." I let out. My wolf was itching to make his own killing.

As soon as the vampires' attention was off me, I rose up, bringing the chair with me, and using all my force and weight, I slammed back down, breaking the chair and turning it to splinters.