V. An Apology

The next morning, the dorm, usually bustling and full of life, was tense and subdued.

"Jimin, don't read that shit. It will just depress you," RM said.

"No, read it to me. I want to know what the press is saying," Suga urged.

Jimin cleared his throat before starting to read from his iPhone. "Just hours ago, Twitter and other social media outlets exploded over the news that Kim Seokjin, better known as Jin of BTS, voluntarily enlisted into the military as of today. It has been a mix of emotions as Army fans reacted to the news. Many are upset about its sudden occurance and whether the rest of the group will stay together, while others---- hold up. What the fuck, Army?"

"What? What does it say? Finish the fucking article," Suga retorted.

Jimin huffed. "While others are expressing good riddance to the eldest member. Most of this is due to the backlash of Jin's revelation that he was in a relationship with a Big Hit staff member. Sources tell us that the two are no longer a couple, and is the main reason Jin decided to voluntarily enlist earlier than planned. Fuck, I can't read this any more," Jimin said, pulling at the neck of his t-shirt as if it was choking him.

"Why is Jin doing this? How could he drop such devastating news on us like that? I should have known when he asked me to call that house meeting last night," RM said, burying his head in his hands.

"He's hurt and looking for a way to escape," Jimin said. "You should have seen him at the hospital after Bo ripped him to pieces. I've never seen a man so broken." He thought back to the previous day.

Jin looked at the door of Bo's hospital room as if Satan himself was standing there. He should be the one taking care of Bo, holding her, soothing her with words of love and promises, not Jungkook.

Jimin took a step towards him hesitantly. "Jin hyung, are you okay?"

Jin looked at Jimin without really seeing him. He was still in shock that in the last ten minutes, he had found out he was a father before losing both the baby and the mother, his one love.

Jimin put his arm around Jin. "Maybe you should see a doctor, Jin.  You look horrible."

Jin blinked. "She must really hate me. I don't know what to do. What do I do?  Tell me. Please." He hugged Jimin and unabashedly cried on his shoulder.

Jimin tried to soothe him but it was like Jin couldn't even hear him.

"I just thought that if we stayed together, as long as we loved one another, we could overcome anything. But instead, all I did was put her in danger and make her lose the baby!"

"She lost the baby?" Jimin asked in disbelief. He knew this to be a lie. Yet, he couldn't fathom the thought that both Jungkook and Bo would keep this from Jin. He felt truly helpless, unsure of what to do besides keep quiet and comfort Jin.

Thinking about that moment brought tears to Jimin's eyes. So these really were the last of their days as a whole group. He wanted to cherish them, to make each day last until Jin left the next day. But instead, he felt undeniable relief that he would no longer have to avoid Jin for fear of letting loose the secret that only him, Jungkook, and Bo knew.

Suga sighed. "You can't blame him for joining the military early. Wouldn't you want to leave if you were in his shoes? You have a dead baby whose mother blames you for killing. He must feel so guilty. Of course he'd want to leave."

"Yeah, you're right. Of course he'd want to leave," Jimin echoed hollowly.

***

The next day, Bo waited impatiently in a wheelchair in her hospital room. It had been more than an hour since she had signed the discharge papers that allowed her to leave the hospital. But weirdly, she hadn't heard from Jungkook.