Chapter 21: sweetest Amérique

!! warning !!
this chapter also includes the topic of suicide and other related things considering that. rape is also briefly mentioned. remember to never give up hope and keep living life to the fullest, no matter what <3

{third person POV}

    THUD! is what canada heard in the middle of reading a sentence. the noise made him jump and he was confused. he placed his book on his bed gently and walked to his door, opening it and walking to the top of the stairs. he looks down to see France also confused at the bottom.
"honey, can you check on Amérique? i think that's where the thud came from anyway." France asked.
"sure mom" Canada said with a smile as he faced America's door.

    Canada slowly walked over to the door and knocked.
"america? did you break something? open the door, ill help clean it up!" Canada said trying to get a response. nothing. he tried opening the door only to realize it was locked. good thing he could pick lock it.
"mom do you have something i can use to unlock america's door?" Canada asked.
"Uhhh...why?" France asked at the bottom of the stairs, starting to walk up.
"america's door is locked again." canada said turned around still trying to open the door. france sighed and walked up to the door where she tried to open it too.
"hold on let me get a penny or something" France said.
just as she was looking in the kitchen for a penny, canada found one in his pocket.

    'aha!' Canada thought as he unlocked the door. he tried to open it gently but it still wouldn't budge. Canada sighed and tried harder.
"America did you seriously barricade yourself in your room? i said id help you with the mess!" but he still heard nothing.  not movement, not whispering, not whimpering, nothing.

    canada ended up using his whole body to knock down the drawer blocking the door. "now america why would you-" Canada said as he finally looked up.

shock filled him.

    Canada screamed and cried as france ran up the stairs with Australia and new Zealand following quickly. all of them stared and cried as new Zealand ran over and hugged america's hanging body. she let go and stared at america's arms as everyone else ran over to see all the bruises, cuts, and bandages on his arms. France covered her mouth and sobbed and everyone hugged her as she fell to the floor

    "MY BABY!! MY SWEET LITTLE AMÉRIQUE!!" she screamed. canada hugged her and barried his face in her shoulder, also crying. Australia was calling 911 and new Zealand called UK.

    soon they heard the ambulamce sirens and ran downstairs, France trying to explain everything as new Zealand was translating, since she was speaking in French and crying loudly. soon after the ambulance came UK followed. uk ran out of his car and over to the cop, demanding to know what happened.

    the cop explained and france yelled at him, saying it was his fault. uk ran upstairs to see his son still hanging there, pale as ever. uk dropped to his knees still staring at america. he noticed his arms and almost fainted. he felt disgusted.

    the nurses soon came in the room and took America down from the roof, taking him into the ambulance car. just as that happened they heard a
"WAIT!!" everyone turned to see Russia out of breath as he wished to see America. the nurses asked who he was and he explained. Russia kept asking to go inside the car with America until they said he could. he jumped in and stared at america the whole time, tears streaming down his face.

    once they made it another car pulled in a spot and soon came out america's family. America was rushed in a room and given treatment as everyone waited outside. France and UK argued Canada and Russia were talking about america and Australia and new Zealand hugged and cried.

    a couple hours later the doctor came out of the room and looked dissapointed. he explained America might be in a coma for at least a few months and that the police found a note in america's room.

    France took the note and began reading:
"hello anyone who is reading this, i just want to say sorry. im sorry i put you through this, put hey, at least im gone, right? that's a good thing. i just couldn't deal with all the expectations, rumors, abuse, lying, confusion, and stress in my life. it was too much for me to handle. i figured cuting would control my emotions but it only made it an addiction. i tried to hide it and make you not worried but i guess that's all out now, huh? anyway, in whatever way i killed myself, i just want the following people to know...
mom, i love you and you did nothing wrong. please don't get sad about my actions.
Canada, thank you for being there for me and the best brother i could ask for.
Australia, thanks for the crazy fun memories
new Zealand, thanks for being the sister i always wanted. you're perfect in every way.
Russia, i love you, but i dont deserve you.
and father...be a better person for me. no, for mom.
goodbye world, America, signing out."

    france couldnt take it. she couldnt take any of it. she ran over to her, what she thinks, dead son and kisses his hand.

"je t'aime, amérique..."

    (i love you, america) is all France could say. she hugged her son as the heart meter began beeping

beep...beep...beeeeeeeee

    the nurses ran to help America and forced everyone out of the room.
"please be okay..." France muttered.
just as she said that a flashback played in her head.

    France and America were hanging out as uk came over. "hello France, America." he said politely. "hello dear." France said "hi daddy!" america said showing his teeth to reval his brand new braces. UK smiled and picked america up "come on little man we've got some work to do!" UK said to America. "okay!" America smiled. uk took america into his office and closed the door, locking it behind him. "what are we gonna do daddy?" america asked. "something...fun~" he said.

    once UK finished with America and America wasnt crying anymore and looked dead. "Amérique!" France said happily. america passed by France and walked straight to his room, slamming the door.

    "what did you do?!" France asked UK. "nothing!" uk said shruging. france was sceptical but took his word for it. "I HATE YOU YOURE SO DUMB YOU'RE SO WEAK YOU COULDVE DONE SOMETHING SAID SOMETHING I HATE YOU!!" America screamed to himself in the mirror. France and UK heard and france sprung in action and tried to open America's door as it was locked. "come on Amérique!" France pleaded.

    the flashback ended. that memory always haunted France and she tried to put the pieces together...

"YOU RAPED YOUR FUCKING SON?!"