Chapter 8: Unpacking

Taehyung was led to his room. Once again the ground was swept from his feet by the size of this architectural invention. His room was huge, three people could fit in this room comfortably. Seokjin chuckled at how Taehyung was gaping at the room. He saw how that brought Taehyung back from whatever he was thinking. Taehyung's face got red when he turned around to face the source of that chuckle. He went in, not wanting to further embarrass himself. Ayana and Seokjin followed. The bed was already made and there were pretty curtains. His furniture were already there. He missed his desk, which was very important to him.
"Ayana's room will be next to yours. Mine would be at the end of the hallway. Sofie would be staying with me in my room. If Ayana needs anything she'll come to you, that's for you to hear too, Ayana." He said turning to Ayana at the end. Taehyung nodded and opened the bag full of his clothes, which was kept on the bed the whole time Seokjin was instructing. Ayana stood next to Taehyung and whines, "Oppa! Please let me help you" Taehyung chuckled and pats her head. He puts all the clothes on the bed and puts the bag down. She showed her puppy eyes and Taehyung sighs and shrugged a consent. Seokjin was going to protest when he saw those puppy eyes which can melt metaphoric rocks, and he shut his mouth. Ayana bounced around and waited for the instructions, "Ay, please bring the clothes to me." Taehyung says from the closet. Ayana was picking up the clothes and Seokjin was staring at Taehyung. That was the pet name his wife used to call Ayana when she was a baby. He was so into reminiscing he didn't notice Ayana tugging at his sleeve. He looks down and Ayana asks, "are you not helping?" Seokjin looked at Taehyung who was arranging his clothes in the closet. Now, he can't ignore his daughter's plea, can he?

Taehyung was surprised when Seokjin stood next to him and started handing him the clothes while Ayana was standing next to him looking at how he arranged his clothes, telling him to place a certain article elsewhere if she didn't like where Taehyung placed it. Taehyung knew Ayana forced her father to help, so he smiled at Seokjin which was returned shortly.
The unpacking drained Ayana's energy. Taehyung took her to the kitchen, deciding to make lunch. Seokjin went to his home office and told to call him when lunch was ready. "Ayana, wanna help me?" Taehyung asks and she shakes her head. Taehyung thinks she must be really tired. He put all the ingredients out and started to prepare a simple lunch, his mother used to make for him. As he was about to plate it up the  front door opens and Sofie enters. She pats Ayana's head, the girl flinches away from that lady. Taehyung smiled behind her back seeing her frown. He put all the food in the center of the table and placed five plates around. "Ayana, please call your father and grandmother for lunch." Taehyung says as he cleans up the kitchen. After Ayana runs off, Sofie stands in front of him hands on her hips. Taehyung looks at her and smiles, "Can I help you with anything?" He says trying not to spit at the woman. She huffs and says nothing as she goes to sit down. When granny comes down she goes to Taehyung and hugs him. Taehyung hugs back, he always loved old people. She smiled at him and went to take a seat. Ayana entered and sits next to Taehyung. Seokjin was the last to enter. As he did Sofie wraps him in a embrace and kisses him. She looks at Taehyung after they separate. Ayana's face was twisted with disgust and Taehyung laughed at her expression. Ayana grinned. Seokjin smiled knowing that Ayana was happy and smiling like old times.

He did the right thing by hiring Taehyung as the nanny. He hoped Taehyung won't do anything stupid, same goes for himself too.