Chapter 10: Beach!

"Why did they have to go to work on a Sunday?" Taehyung asks granny Yunhi. She thinks for sometime and answers, "They had an important meeting which was postponed by their client to today, for some reason." Taehyung nods and picks up Ayana to clean her up.
Taehyung was playing a board game with Ayana, some hours after breakfast. She won most of the time much to the surprise and dissatisfaction of Taehyung. Ayana said she was going to colour and draw in the living room, so Taehyung left her alone. He knows Ayana likes to be alone while thinking of what to draw. He decided to prepare lunch early, having nothing else to do. Granny had gone to do some grocery shopping. He got out the things and started making.
Just when he finished with lunch and kept it aside. Ayana came to him. She was holding a paper. He lifted her up and put her on the table. She showed the paper with a swirl of blue and sand yellow, which he figured as a beach. It was really well done, this girl's artistic talent always took him by surprise, for she was only four. He looked at Ayana and she was grinning, ear to ear. She knew her Taehyung oppa would love her work, other than her granny he the was only one to look at her drawings. Whenever she tried to show it to her father, he'd always wave her off telling he was busy or not to disturb his time with Sofie or simply absent due to work. She'd always wonder how her mother would have reacted if she saw Ayana's drawing.
"Hey, Ay. What's wrong?" Taehyung asks in a worried tone. He got worried when Ayana's face suddenly dropped and she looked sad with a pout. She shook her head and buried her face into Taehyung's chest as he lifted her up. "Were you thinking about your mother?" He asks chancing a guess. She nods slightly and he sighs. Whenever she used to ponder on her mother her face would fall a little and sometimes she would cry. It broke Taehyung's heart. He rubbed her back and hiked her up, putting her head on his shoulder as she clung to his body. He rocked her a little and she calmed down slowly. The doorbell rang and Taehyung went to it, Ayana still in his arms. He opened the door. Seokjin's face greeted him. Sofie was behind the man. Both of them had a happy smile on their face. Taehyung smiled back.
"Is she asleep?" Seokjin asks pointing at Ayana, Taehyung peeks over and nods, she did fall asleep. He steps aside and they both entered. "Are you hungry?" Taehyung asks following them. "Yes" they said in unison. "The lunch is made, it's in the kitchen. Help yourself. I don't think Ayana wants to leave me yet." Taehyung said as he tried to pry her off his body and put her on the couch, without success. Seokjin nods and Sofie doesn't say anything as she goes inside the kitchen. "Are you not going to eat?" Seokjin asks. Taehyung shakes his head nodding his head at Ayana. Sofie called Seokjin from the kitchen and he leaves the two alone.

Seokjin was feeling odd since Taehyung came. The scene of his child sticking to Taehyung's body reminded him of his wife with baby Ayana against her body, again. She would rock the one year old and sing softly. His heart warmed up at the memory like when he saw Taehyung with Ayana asleep on his shoulder. Sofie placed their food on the table and he caught a sight of a piece of paper. There was two colors, blue and yellow, dancing with each other in such a beautiful and gentle way. He was impressed.
Did Ayana make this? Seokjin thinks dumbfounded. He never realized!