Chapter 15: Road trip

Taehyung and Seokjin decided to go on a road trip with little Ayana. They would go in Seokjin's car to Granny Yunhi's house and in between they could camp one night.
They broke the news to Ayana over lunch and she was beyond thrilled. She was jumping up and down and didn't stop until Taehyung held her down on the seat. Seokjin had laughed a lot seeing his daughter's antics.
"Ayana! Are you done?" Seokjin asks from her door. He saw Taehyung helping Ayana pack her bag and smiled. He felt at home. Taehyung with his daughter always reminded him of his late wife. When Taehyung came, the house became a home and it was more lively. He was just happy and glad. The only problem remains the question of Seokjin's  feelings for Taehyung. Taehyung's bag was lying next to the unpacked bag belonging to Ayana. Seokjin went forward and picked it up and Taehyung rose to protest. "It's alright, I'll put it in the car." Seokjin says and Taehyung sighs, easily defeated. He smiled at Seokjin and says "thank you".
Seokjin was standing outside the car, looking through his emails from work. His brows furrowed.
"Appa, you okay?" Ayana's sweet voice was heard. He smiled at her and nods. He looks up to see Taehyung locking the door and after a while came down to them. Ayana was put in the kid seat and  Taehyung sat in the passenger side. "Let's go!!" He exclaimed as Seokjin started the engine. He laughed at the childish behavior of Taehyung. He thinks idly how he'd be forced to look after two kids.

"Appa, I want ice cream!" Ayana called for Seokjin. They were now in a park. After some hours of driving, Ayana began whining to get out. So they stopped at the first park they saw. Seokjin was seeing Taehyung and Ayana playing together when she made the request. Seokjin thinks it was not a bad idea. He nods and they break into identical smiles, wide and cheerful.
This how Seokjin ended up laughing at an ice cream smeared Ayana and Taehyung. They both after having their first ice cream had ordered another had forgotten food should not be played with. Ayana put a finger in her's and smeared it across Taehyung's face. He did the same. Instead of eating the ice cream they both ended up painting each other with vanilla and chocolate ice cream. Seokjin was laughing so bad he nearly fell down, tears in his eyes as he held a forming stitch.
"Go get and clean yourself up, please." Seokjin says as his laughter dies down. They huff and Seokjin was worried how much Ayana was becoming like Taehyung. She was more like Taehyung than Seokjin. He can't blame Ayana, because one, Taehyung's behavior is an almost replica of her mother's. Two, she spends most of her time with Taehyung.
Seokjin picked Ayana up and walked to the restroom, Taehyung following. Taehyung cleaned himself up quickly and helped Seokjin with Ayana. They were busy cleaning up Ayana and making jokes in between, they didn't notice a lady behind them.
She smiled at them and they returned it. "Look at you! This family is so cute. Made for each other aren't you?" She says making both of them blush and Ayana giggle. Before they could even correct her, a man of Seokjin's age come behind her. He looks at Taehyung and widened his eyes.
"Jungkook!" Taehyung exhaled and the man smiled, Seokjin noticed the bunny teeth and couldn't help but think the man looked cute. The man ran up to Taehyung and hugged him. Seokjin was not liking this, not a bit. He tried his best not to scoff. Taehyung turned to Seokjin and smiled widely, Seokjin's heart skipped beats.
"Seokjin! This is Jungkook and he's my cousin." Taehyung introduced and Seokjin was a little relieved to hear Jungkook was a cousin. Seokjin shakes his hand and Jungkook's eyes widen, this time.
"You're Seokjin as in Kim Seokjin?" He says covering his mouth. Seokjin nods unsure of what is going to follow. 
"Ah! I have read a lot about you. You're like my idol!" He jumps. Seokjin hands Ayana over to Taehyung and gives him confused eyes. "He's learning business management" Taehyung hurries to explain. Seokjin understood and it was not the first time. Many students comes to him because of his "So much achieved at such a young age", as they say. He smiled at Jungkook and he nearly fainted.
"Can I hug you?" Jungkook asks shyly. Seokjin opens his arms, wanting to know how Taehyung will react.
As he expected, Seokjin saw Taehyung's face twisting into a frown. Ayana was sitting in Taehyung's arms and looked very confused. She smiled when Seokjin winked at her.
To what seems like a eternity, Seokjin and Jungkook separated. The lady behind them was already gone.
"Anyway, what are you doing here? Weren't you in Busan?" Taehyung asks as they walk out of the shop. Jungkook looks away from Seokjin and turned to Taehyung, "I have a internship here. It just got finished and I was going to Gwacheon." He explained. Taehyung nodded and Seokjin cuts in between. "We are going there too. You can come with us if you want." Jungkook was over the moon. He still asks, "Won't I be a burden?" Out of politeness. Seokjin shakes his head. He really wanted to see how possessive and jealous Taehyung will be. Taehyung huffed subtly looking away.
"Is Kookie oppa coming with us?" Ayana asks clutching her father's hand. Seokjin nods and she jumps again and again. Taehyung lifted her up so that she won't fall down. She smiled at him and he didn't have the strength to fight his smile back. Jungkook chuckled at his nickname and asks if Ayana to would  come to him and she jumps right in. Taehyung was feeling insecure about his position. Will Jungkook steal Ayana away from him? Will Seokjin like him instead of Taehyung? After all he was more cute and good looking and he is good at every single thing unlike Taehyung.
Seokjin saw how Taehyung's face fell. He was happy that Taehyung does show signs of liking him and he was guilty about making Taehyung insecure purposely. But if he could confess to Taehyung he needs to make sure he won't get rejected and make everything uncomfortable.