Chapter 1

Hey guys, this is my first Drarry fanfic so I hope you guys like it!! It's based at the start of 8th year.

Harry awoke with a start, he scanned his surroundings in a panic, only calming when he felt the steady rocking of the train carriage. He began to remember where he was. Taking in his surroundings he understood that he was on the Hogwarts Express on his way back for his eighth year. Ron and Hermione were nowhere to be found, probably on prefect duty, but then, he hadn't heard from them all summer, not one letter, so he wasn't surprised by their absence.

He had only come back to escape the Dursleys and the terror that they inflict upon him. No one knows of his trouble at home, at least not to the extent that it truly is. Not even his best friends. He had his Glamours for that.

His summer had been harder than expected, not just because of the frequent beatings. But because of the loss of hope. He had planned to live with Sirius after his name was cleared, but after the incident in the Department of Mysteries, Harry hadn't let himself hope for much of anything anymore. After the horrors that occurred at the end of their 7th year, Harry hadn't been the same.

A scoff brought him out of his reverie. Harry turned to face the now open door of his compartment to see none other than Draco Malfoy standing there. "You look like death Potter. You shouldn't have come this year, nobody wants to see your depressed face, bringing everyone else down." Harry decided against dignifying this schoolyard taunt with a response and instead turned his head to gaze out the window. Draco, shocked at the lack of reaction walked off. Harry was left pondering over Draco's words. {a/n if anyone understood that reference, I love you}

After going over them in his head again, Harry decided that, for once, Draco was right. Clearly, no one wanted him there or somebody would have come to talk to him, sent him a letter, anything. But he got nothing, no communication whatsoever. He gazed at his unblemished arms and went to find the nearest bathroom. Entering, he removed the glamour around his arms and face. Harry looked at the mirror to see his sunken in cheekbones and hollow eyes. All he could think of was how disgusting he was and how disappointed Sirius must be. He looked at his arms, at the torn skin, shredded by countless slices from his knife.

He then reached into his back pocket and pulled out his blade and proceeded to do what he had all summer. He dragged the sharp metal across his flesh and inhaled sharply. He focused on the pain and the blood that fell the bathroom floor. To Harry, this pain was far more bearable than the pain he suffered through in his mind.

Harry's head started to clear when he heard voices mentioning that they are nearing Hogwarts. Casting a quick scourgify and replacing his bandages and glamour, he stepped out of the bathroom to change into his robes. After arrival, he climbed into the first carriage he can find and heads towards the castle, not looking at the silent third years staring at him in awe.

Taking a seat at the Gryffindor table and refusing to meet the gaze of his friends as they enter, Harry ate his dinner in silence. He proceeded to his dorm after, immediately falling onto his bed, knowing he wouldn't find the grasp of sleep anytime soon, for fear of the nightmares that take control once he does.

____________________________

Hey guys, thanks for reading the first part of my story! This is my first Drarry fanfic but I have a big mind map of ideas for it! Don't be afraid to leave comments on any grammar or spelling mistakes as well as ideas for future chapters!
Xx