Chapter 12

Harry sputtered. 'I- I, uhm, yeah? S-sure" Harry continued to stare dumbfoundedly at Draco as the blond watched with an amused smirk as he stumbled over his words.

As Draco looked at him with a soft smile, Harry retreated into his mind. What was he doing? He couldn't possibly be gay. He couldn't let everything the Uncle Vernon had said about him be true. He couldn't let the words that absolutely destroyed him, become even more effective as they had true to who Harry was.

As the brunette freaked out in his own mind he remained oblivious to the panicking blonde who's lap he was currently sitting on. Harry's existential crisis required it's own world where the poor young Malfoy was not in the picture.

Draco was confused. Harry had seemed happy!... if a little nervous when Draco had asked to kiss him, and Harry had consented! So why was the younger boy sitting on his lap, looking faraway and seeming traumatised.

Meanwhile, Harry continued to panic. This was wrong. Boys aren't meant to be with boys. That's not the way this is supposed to work! Harry should like Ginny, not Draco. Cho, not Cedric. (Though Harry will remain in denial about his crush on Cedric forever.) Harry was a boy. The rules of society dictate; Harry should marry a beautiful young woman, settle down and have a generation of Potter babies to carry on the line of the wizarding worlds' saviour. It's not like Harry could ever do anything without it being plastered on the front page of the Prophet anymore.

Before Harry could panic further and question his decisions any more, Draco placed his hands on Harry's cheeks and leaned down to close the gap between their lips.

Despie all his panicking, all Harry could think as their lips met and moved in sync, was that nothing at all felt wrong about this.

Draco tried to pull back but Harry only tugged him closer, pushing his fingers into the white blonde locks and deepening the kiss. Harry sighed in bliss as his lips moved against the blond's; he could do this forever.

Harry decided to be bold and licked into Draco's mouth, mapping it out before the blond took dominance. Draco groaned as he returned the kiss with fervour before the two pulled away to catch their breath.

As Draco panted breathlessly, Harry began to giggle quietly. Draco was sure that was not the appropriate reaction to have after kissing someone so he began to worry a little. Harry then eased his mind by simply resting his forehead against the crook of his neck, breathing deeply to calm himself down for his fit of laughter.

Draco grabbed hold of the smaller boy and tugged him to his chest. The two remained like that for some time, heads rested against each other, breathing deeply and basking in each other's presence.

After a couple of minutes of comfortable silence Draco asked Harry quietly, "Are you feeling any better, do you think?" The uncertainty in his voice was clear and it made Harry smile fondly into his neck. Harry didn't verbally respond to the question, merely snuggling closer into the warmth provided by the blonde.

Draco disintegrated seem to need a verbal response however, the action alone calming his nerves and bringing a soft smile to his face. Draco continued to hold the smaller boy as he relaxed into the embrace.

Just as Draco was sure Harry had fallen asleep, he heard the brunette utter a small 'Thank you Draco' which brought a fond grin to the face of the blond. When the younger boy was truly asleep Draco cast a disillusionment charm over the two of them before heading out of the bathroom with the bloody brunette in his arms.

Draco thanked Merlin and Snape that he remembered to use the Spell "Vulnera sanetur" on Harry's cuts when he arrived, preventing the skinny boy from bleeding out his arms.

The Malfoy Heir carried the Potter Heir all the way up to the room of requirement, where he asked the room to provide a comfortable space to relax and sleep in. He was quickly provided with a cosy room with two couches and a four-poster double bed. He set Harry on the bed, removing his shoes before he did the same to himself and joined him on it.

While Harry remained in his deep slumber, Draco curled himself protectively over him, resting his chin on the dark locks that never seem to tame. He noted that as something he needed to remedy as he pushed his fingers through them gently.

Draco was well aware that he and Harry had a long way to go and that the boy was hurting, but after everything that happened between the two of them, Draco knew he could never leave Harry to gothrough it alone. He was determined to help the Raven in his arms, who had already begun to tremble with the beginnings of a nightmare.

Draco turned his gaze back down to the too-small boy, continuing to xomb his hands through the knotted locks. He began to hum, holding Harry's head to his chest and continued to soft lullaby his mother would sing to him as a child, hoping the vibrations would soothe the smaller boy.

Within a few moments, Harry had settled again, curling further into the warmth surrounding him.

Draco gave his sleeping form a soft smile before he followed him into the clutches of sleep.

_____________________________________

Hey i know its been forver and ive been feeling so gulity about it so im literally editing and posting this while in class, my teacher thinks im doing research on my project ;) I'll edit it again at some point but please point out any errors you see!

Lila out 💜

987 words