Chapter 13

Draco woke up to the feel of soft kisses being pressed into his neck.

It took him a moment to gain his bearings but when he groggily opened his mercury eyes to find a certain raven smiling up at him happily, he began to grin.

He relished in the tranquillity of the room. The two boys seemingly lost in their own world, the only people present were each other, and that was more than enough. They completed each other in ways neither knew was possible and it would never cease to amaze them, the comfort that seemed so effortless between them, radiating in their personal space.

The day began to come back to him and he sobered slightly, taking Harry's arms in his own and gently brushing a hand over the bumps, ensuring they were healing properly.

Draco was aware of how difficult it was for Harry to stop, he knew doing that made him feel in control, kept his focus on one place and made him feel secure and present among many other things, so he was very proud that Harry had managed to take a break from it for so long.

"Hi,"Harry whispered quietly, smiling happily at the blond, breaking him out of his thoughts. "Hi," Draco returned with a grin, brushing Harry's messy hair from his face so he could see the boy's beautiful emerald eyes.

Harry smiled shyly, burrowing into the warmth the blond was emitting. Draco chuckled and wrapped his arms around the raven again, before casting a tempus to find the time.

He sighed when he saw they had missed the day's classes. He started to rouse the boy in his arms who he could feel was falling back to sleep in his arms. "C'mon Harry, if we get up now we can make it to dinner." Harry merely grumbled not wanted to move from their hidden paradise, afraid whatever was going on between them would shatter as soon as they left due to its newness and fragility.

After a few moments longer, Draco finally roused Harry and convinced him to get up. He smiled gently at the grumbling Raven.

The two cast a quick scourgify on their clothing before heading to the door hand in hand.

Before they left Draco pulled Harry in for one last hug and kissed the crown of his head gently, smiling when the smaller boy melted into his embrace, relishing in the safety Draco provided him.

The two finally broke apart, sharing small smiles before the left the safety of the Room of Requirement. They made their way down to the Great Hall in comfortable silence.

Just before they entered Draco grabbed Harry by the arm and pulled him behind a pillar, ignoring the raven's panicked squeal.

Which was totally manly by the way.

Draco merely kissed him again, still softly but a little more possessively, threading his fingers through the younger boy's hair and relishing in the shocked whimper he emitted.

Draco pulled back, grinning giddily at the embarrassed flush that appeared on Harry's face when he realized that that sound had come from his mouth.

His grin turning soft, Draco stroked Harry's cheek softly, kissing him chastely one more time.

"I just wanted you to know I'm here Harry, I'm not going anywhere and if you need me at all, I'll be by your side in a heartbeat, okay?" Draco explained to the boy before him.

Harry was merely gazing at him in awe, unused to having someone care so deeply for him as to go to such lengths to ensure his comfort and happiness. With teary eyes Harry nodded before throwing himself into Draco's arms, burrowing into the strong chest as the boy holding him chuckled.

Pulling back, Draco kissed Harry's forehead before directing him towards the doors of the great hall.

They had to face their friends at some point.

_____________________

Sitting at the Gryffindor table, Harry was immediately bombarded with questions from Hermione, confused about his absence from classes and frustrated with his vague responses.

"I was just drained 'Mione, I needed to sleep a bit and get my bearings back, I'm feeling much more refreshed now, promise," Harry told the borderline hysterical brunette.

"But Ron said you weren't in the dorms at lunch!" Hermione continued, much to Harry's chagrin.

"I was in the Room of Requirement okay? I didn't think you try to stalk me to find my whereabouts." Hermione merely huffed.

As she opened her mouth again and Harry readied himself for another onslaught of irrelevant questioning, the girl was cut off by their other friend's exasperated sigh.

"Lay off him 'Mione. He was tired and wanted to sleep, you can't really fault him for that, can you?" Ron questioned with a pointed look towards the girl that Harry didn't understand.

This seemed to finally get Hermione to cave as she sighed and agreed reluctantly. Harry shot Ron a grateful look and Harry started to pile a small amount of food onto his plate.

Across the room, his blond companion was fairing a little better, having gotten his friends off his case pretty quickly initially. They seemed to sense his reluctance to tell them anything and refrained from pushing him, despite how intrigued they were.

He watched as Harry was interrogated by his frizzy-haired friend, sighing quietly in relief when she finally seemed to lay off thanks to the Weasel.

He did however glare angrily at the back of Harry's head when he saw how little the boy was eating.

Seemingly sensing the blond's gaze, Harry turned in his chair slightly to catch Draco's eye, only to have the blond gesture pointedly towards his plate.

Harry blushed and put a small bit more on his plate.

Draco sighed, he supposed that would do for now.

Baby steps.

___________________

Hi, the wait wasn't as long as it had been previously but I still feel bad so I have 2 almost complete chapters that I'm gonna publish on Tuesday/Wednesday.

I hope u liked this chapter :)

982 words

Lila out 💜