Chapter 17

The students were to be heading home on Saturday morning so the eighth years had decided to have their party on the Friday night. Everyone was looking forward to it as it was the last one before the holidays and most people were buzzing to head home.

While most of the excitement to head home was genuine, two boys in particular, were dreading their breaks, however, they were doing their utmost not to let it show. They were successful for the most part, however, two girls, picked up on their change in attitude pretty quickly. They tried to ask about it, but unfortunately, it was brushed off quickly enough in the hurry to get everything sorted for the final party before the break.

The only other people who noticed were each other. Draco picked up pretty quickly that something was bothering his Raven and Harry noticed Draco's reserved attitude within minutes of them arriving at the party. They both went to mention it at the same time but ended up cutting each other off.

They chuckled at themselves before Draco led Harry off to the side of the room and onto a couch where the two of them sat down beside each other. They sat quite close to each other and Harry gave Draco a smile as he looked at him. "How are you, you seemed upset when I walked in..."

Draco smiled at Harry's concern and put an arm around the boy's shoulder to pull him closer. "I'm better now that you're here." He responded easily.

Harry blushed brightly and whined at him, complaining that he was being too sappy. Draco chuckled and turned the conversation around, asking Harry if he was feeling alright. Harry merely nodded, knowing that he couldn't lie to Draco and that his voice would crack if he tried to speak. Draco didn't believe him at all but figured Harry would confide in him if it was something of importance.

The two remained sitting together for a while, Draco having gotten up to get them drinks after they had sat down. They're were brought out of their hushed giggling as their names were heard being called from the other side of the room, where most of the seventh and eighth years had gathered in a circle, ready to play another game.

The two stood and headed for the circle, seating themselves together on a beanbag in an effort to stay close together as the game began. The two clearly got away with selecting truth a few too many times, as when Harry tried to pick it again, he was told that he had to do a dare.

Feeling very apprehensive, and reluctant to move from his spot beside Draco, Harry agreed. Draco kept a steady hand on his back in a silent form of comfort which Harry appreciated greatly. When Harry saw it was Seamus who got to pick his dare, he became even more nervous, as the boy had virtually no shame.

Smirking at him, Seamus dared Harry to snog Parvati for 2 minutes. Harry cast a wide-eyed, terrified look to Draco who, putting aside his jealousy momentarily, did his best to comfort the boy beside him who was so clearly panicking. "It'll be fine, it's just a kiss okay?"

While Harry was a little offended that Draco seemed perfectly content with him kissing someone else, he was too busy freaking out to spare it much thought. He was unaware that the boy beside him was struggling desperately to reign in his urge to punch a certain Irish boy in the face and pull Harry back onto his lap.

Harry stood up and made his way in front of a blushing Parvati. Deciding he wanted it over with as soon as possible, he leaned forward and captured Parvati's lips in his own. Embarrassingly, he was desperately trying to replicate what he did when kissing Draco. However, kissing the blond was much easier and less awkward. Draco also usually took charge, however, he was clearly expected to do so in this situation.

Parvati finally seemed to come to her senses and wrapped her arms around Harry's neck. She attempted to deepen the kiss but Harry was freaking out enough with having a female's tongue in his mouth and he was really not looking for it to go any further than it needed to go. He attempted to block out the wolf whistles and almost started counting down until he could pull away.

He almost sighed in relief when Seamus called time, and pulled away quickly, trying not to cringe when Parvati chased his lips slightly. Resisting the urge to wipe his mouth, Harry gave her an awkward smile and returned to his spot next to Draco, who quickly put his arm back around Harry's waist, sensing the younger boy's discomfort and attempting to relax him as much as possible.

As painful as it was for him to watch, he knew that Harry had definitely not enjoyed that experience. Thankfully he got away with another truth before he decided to 'call it a night'. Before he got up he squeezed Harry's side and gave him a pointed look. The Raven nodded and he smiled before exiting. A little while later, enough to keep suspicion but little enough that Draco wasn't kept waiting too long, Harry excused himself and followed the familiar path towards the astronomy tower.

When he arrived he smiled at the blond tiredly, who immediately took him in his arms. The two sat in the cool air silently. They looked out at the stars that shone above them, glistening like gemstones and twinkling brightly. They seemed to almost be watching over the two boys. The black sky contradicted the bright lights, only amplifying its beauty for all to see. The enchanted ceiling of the great hall could never truly capture the authenticity of the natural night sky in all it's glory, as their perch did so easily.

"I don't want to go back home," Harry whispered brokenly. Draco inhaled sharply and felt tears spring to his eyes at the dejected voice his raven used. "I know darling," Draco replied gently, "I wish we could stay here together, but they have to continue with the reparations. I wish I could bring you back with me." Harry sniffled and burrowed deeper into the warmth the boy beside him seemed to radiate.

"I'm gonna miss you so much," Harry sniffled again, and Draco swore his heart could be heard breaking from across castle. "I'll miss you too my angel," He replied, kissing the crown of Harry's head.

The younger boy looked up at him with a goofy smile, it's radiance not affected by his tired eyes. "I'm your angel?" He questioned the blond. Draco blushed faintly but nodded with a soft smile.

"Then I guess you're my Dragon," Was the reply he received. The two grinned at each other and leaned in for a kiss, knowing it would be one of the last before they won't see each other for over two weeks.

"Promise me you'll write?" Draco requested softly. Harry grinned widely and nodded, pulling the boy in for another kiss before they just relaxed in each other's arms.

Both would remain blissfully unaware of the lurking figure around the corner who had finally found where the two had been hiding, witnessing their kiss and embrace, and plotting menacingly.

______________________________
Here's another chapter :) shout out to peggydeservedbetter for all the crazy comments lmao u entertain me so much (I hope you've started watching the Marvel movies bitch)
Love you all

1234 words ( 😁 )

Lila out 💜