Chapter 10

Draco hadn't seen Harry all morning. He had originally classed his absence as tiredness from the previous night. Maybe even embarrassment? However when the brunette was absent from their first class and his friends seemed confused, Draco knew there was more to the story.

With this in mind, Draco excused himself from class and went to seek out his new friend. When he couldn't find him in the astronomy tower and the Fat Lady claimed he hadn't re-entered the common room, Draco decided that the abandoned bathroom where it all began was his safest bet.

He approached the door cautiously, conscious of the fact that Harry was likely upset and Draco didn't want to spook him further.

The blond pushed the door open carefully but was only met with an ominous silence. Frustrated with himself that he had yet to find the raven, he entered the bathroom.

His eyes were immediately drawn to the slumped figure in the corner as he let out an anguished cry of horror and shock.

"Harry!" Draco yelled out frantically.

The blonde threw himself to the floor beside the bleeding figure and immediately attempted to staunch the bleeding that seemed endless. Letting out a choked sob, Draco removed his wand and began to recite every healing spell in his mind.

The bleeding seemed to at least slow so Draco decided to leave Harry's side for a moment in order to get some paper towels.

Draco began to clean the fresh wounds to the best of his abilities whilst attempting to calm his racing heart. Draco's heart was breaking because Harry had been doing so well.

His scars had remained untouched for many weeks, and other than one small relapse, Harry had avoided any more by seeking out the comfort of the blonde.

Whatever triggered this must have been massive.

After controlling his breathing, Draco manoeuvred himself to be beside Harry in order to move him into his lap. Harry's unconscious body slumped against Draco's lean chest as the older boy cradled the fragile raven's upper body close.

Draco closed his eyes and breathed deeply before returning his attention to the now shivering boy on his lap.

"Harry, come on Harry, wake up, please" Draco prompted gently. At the lack of reaction, Draco became slightly more worried. After no reaction still, he became slightly frantic.

"Harry please, you've got to wake up for me! Harry!"

Draco was aware that he should bring Harry to Madame Pomfrey and intended to do so soon if Harry remained unresponsive, but he had only gained Harry's trust recently and wasn't quite ready to give it up so soon.

Just as Draco decided Harry's life was far more urgent and began to stand, the pale and sickly looking boy finally responded.

It was a simple groan of pain, but enough for Draco to release a relieved yell of happiness before returning his attention to the boy who was finally coming to on his lap.

Emerald eyes finally opened and were greeted by soft mercury eyes staring back, swirling with worry and unshed tears. "Draco?" Harry's voice came, quiet, hesitant.

"Yes, it's me darling" was the equally quiet response. The pet name fell unplanned from Draco's lips, but neither boy seemed to notice at the time. "What happened?" Harry asked softly, subconsciously burrowing into Draco's warmth, that seemed to be radiating in the cold bathroom.

"I found you here Harry, bleeding out and unconscious after noticing your absence from class..." Draco disclosed, almost reluctantly, he didn't want to spook the fragile boy too much and have the walls he had just broken down reform.

"Oh" came Harry's timid response.

Everything seemed to come back to Harry at that moment, though he was too weak to move from the position he was in. The fact that he was comfortable, not only that but enjoying his placement on the older boy's lap probably wasn't helping his case

"Harry" Draco began "Please tell me what's wrong, I want to help but I can't if you don't tell me what's going on. You had been doing so well, did something happen? Did I do something?" Draco questioned quietly, nervously.

Harry was already shaking his head when Draco began to blame himself, easing the blondes nerves somewhat.

"Then what Harry? Please let me help you." Draco begged Harry desperately.

Draco cradled Harry's head to his chest gently, one hand wrapped securely around his waist and the other softly stroking his curly brunette locks out of his face.

"I-" Harry choked out, before closing his eyes in shame and embarrassment. He wasn't meant to be like this. He was clearly just confused, or maybe defective. With this thought, afresh steam of tears began.

"Shh sh, it's ok, you're ok, I'm here" Draco soothed the crying boy calmly.

"It's ok darling, take your time, I'm here." There that name was again. It seemed so natural to the boys that it again went unacknowledged.

It seemed all of Harry's thought were against him, telling his he was broken, he had to keep this newfound information to himself, this wasn't how regular friends behaved. The most dominating thought told him that if he confessed whilst sitting on the blonde's lap, he would be disgusted and remove Harry from anywhere near him.

Despite the irrationality of almost all of his thoughts, the blood loss was not aiding Harry's thought process.

Harry had a decision to make. He could either drown himself in fears and what if's. Or he could take a risk and tell Draco everything, potentially losing the one person who seems to understand everything about him and new closest friend, which would only shatter the boy more.

With these things in mind, Harry made his decision,

---------------------------------------------------------------

Lots of angst in this one but I feel like I put enough fluff in there to make up for it, at least a bit! As always thank you to everyone who has read my story and sorry for the little cliffy! ;)

1007 words

Lila out 💜