Chapter 6

Harry and Draco had become better friends during the week after the second encounter in the bathroom.

Though on Tuesday morning, Draco was happily talking to Pansy and Blaise, talking about something unimportant. As they were laughing, the owls arrived with the morning post. Draco expected no letter as his mother's letters only arrive on a Friday. However, he was taken aback when an unfamiliar owl dropped a sealed envelope onto his plate.

Blaise noticed his hesitancy while Pansy remained oblivious, ranting on about some idiotic thing her cousin did at a dinner party.

Draco opened the letter slowly, unsure of what was to come. He took the parchment out, letting the beige envelope fall back to the table.

He read the letter over and then read it again. After confirming it was not his imagination he glanced down at the signature - Lucius Malfoy. His heart rate increased and Draco sat at the table, his eyes fixed on the signature, hoping it was all just some horrible trick.

He stood up suddenly, ignoring his friends' protests and walked out of the hall in a daze, unsure of where he was going until his feet carried him to the astronomy tower, where he curled in on himself and allowed his tears to flow.

When Draco finally returned to the common room, having skipped the day's classes he was met with two bodies grabbing him and pulling him to the nearest couch. At first, they said nothing, waiting for Draco to explain. When nothing was said, Blaise glanced worriedly at Pansy, willing her to begin.

Pansy opened her mouth to ask what happened, and what in Merlin's name was in that letter. But she was stopped when Draco merely shook his head, looked at his two friends tiredly and stood up to head back to his room.

The next morning Draco came to breakfast and returned to class as usual, and anyone who didn't know him well would have never suspected anything to be wrong. However, those who knew him quickly realised he hadn't spoken since he received the letter.

By Thursday, Pansy had sought out her new Gryffindor friend, looking for advice. She had told her to stop giving him worried looks and offering him help as he already knows she's there. She explained that he's trying to show them he doesn't want to discuss it, and the best thing Blaise and Pansy can do is act as if it never happened and be there for him when he is ready.

By Friday Draco was talking again.

Pansy and Hermione got closer, realising they had lots in common, mainly talking about the difficulties of having two idiotic, egotistical, oblivious best friends. They decided to plan a gathering type of thing for the eighth years.

Hermione was in charge of invites and Pansy dealt with the booze. They planned on having it in the Room of Requirement.

Word got around that the girls were hosting this thing on Saturday night and Ron and Harry had already been made aware before Hermione even found them. They were highly sceptical but nevertheless agreed. Blaise and Draco were more difficult to convince but Pansy wasn't taking no for an answer so the boys agreed eventually, spurred on by the idea of alcohol.

Saturday arrived and Hermione, Ron and Harry headed to the RoR just before eight, planning to help Pansy and Hermione set up.

Most of the eighth years came; the golden trio, the silver trio, Dean, Seamus and Neville, The Patil sisters, Theodore Nott, Milicent Bulstrode, 3 Hufflepuffs and 4 Ravenclaws.

Once everyone had arrived, Pansy took out the firewhiskey and began pouring shots. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves for the first hour before things started to slow and people got bored.

The other eighth years had no idea that the girls had prepared for this, however. So when they called out for a game of truth or dare, everyone thought it was a great idea. Some people left, including Padma with the other Ravenclaws and a Hufflepuff.

The group gathered around in a circle whilst Pansy explained the rule. "Ok, so if you choose dare you have to take a shot of Firewhiskey and do it, no backing out no matter what. If you refuse you'll get a sharp pain in your leg that will remain until you carry out the dare. If you choose truth, you place a drop of this on your tongue before answering."

The group looked to the vial Pansy pulled from her pocket. It contained a clear liquid with tiny gold specs in it. "Veriteserum" Hermione announced proudly. Everyone stared at it a moment longer before nodding in agreement.

The game began.

It started innocent enough, asking about crushes, friends finding out things their friend had kept secret. The dares consisted of simple pecks on the cheeks or lips of a random person in the group.

After a while, people began to get bored and started asking more controversial questions and more intense dares, at which point the other Hufflepuff and Neville decided to leave. Seamus was dared to snog Dean much to their enjoyment, Hermione revealed she liked Ron until finally, it came back to Harry.

Unbeknownst to Harry, Hermione and Pansy shared a subtle nod before Pansy asked him. He chose dare and Pansy's smile broadened. Harry looked nervously around and caught Draco shoot Pansy a venomous look which she happily ignored. "Ok, Harry." She started, her smile never faltering whilst he took the shot. Her eyes gleamed as she told him his dare.

"I dare you... to sit on Draco's lap for the rest of the game"

Harry's jaw dropped and Draco's eyes widened. Blaise barked a laugh whilst the girls giggled to themselves. "Absolutely not-" Harry began before feeling a sharp pain shoot up his leg. He grunted in pain and all eyes landed back on him. Hermione's eyes gleamed as she reminded him of what would occur if he refused the dare.

Glaring daggers at her, Harry moved slowly towards where Draco was seated on the couch. Draco was seated in such a way that Harry couldn't sit down so Harry sighed loudly waiting for him to move.

After what seemed like a lifetime to everyone in the room, especially Harry, Draco shifted so Harry could sit down. He slowly seated himself of Draco's lap and Draco barely registered it due to his lightness.

The game continued but Harry couldn't get comfortable. He kept shifting around on Draco's lap until he was harshly told to quit it. He turned to Draco to ask why when he felt something underneath him begin to dig into him. He immediately stopped squirming. Draco did his best to ignore it and just pulled Harry into his chest so he could lean against him and they could both get comfortable.

Harry gave in and allowed himself against the toned chest supporting him. Draco sighed and his breath on Harry's shoulder made him shiver. Draco smirked, proud of the effect he had on the younger boy but then remembered his own situation and sighed again, only causing Harry to shiver more.

The game went on, the boys were almost forgotten apart from the occasional truth question because, despite the awkwardness, it seemed neither boy planned on moving anytime soon.

The game was coming to a close and, after Hermione casting a quick tempus and finding it was well past 1 in the morning, the group decided to call it a night. Harry get up quickly and Draco was relieved that his problem was gone.

The group bid each other good night and headed back to their respective common rooms, Harry's face pink the whole way back as he thought back to the fact that he had almost fallen asleep against Draco.

Harry climbed into his bed having bid his friends goodnight and fell into a restless sleep.

_________________________

There you go, guys! Another part, I hope you liked it, I'm kind of proud of this one and thought it was funny towards the end XD

I wonder what was in that letter! ;)

1332 words

Lila out 💜