Chapter 2

>>>minor two day time skip<<<

Harry awoke from his restless slumber and removed the silencing charms on his bed. He entered the shower and let the warm water fall on him, breathing deeply. It had been so long since he'd had a warm shower. That privilege was revoked over the summer. Turning off the water he stepped out of the stall and looked at his healthy body, scar free and full.

The glamours made everything so much easier. Harry wasn't sure he'd survive if he had to deal with all the questions. He hated the attention. He pulled on his school robes and left the safety of the dorm.

Heading down towards the great hall, Harry ignored the confused looks he got due to his lack of companions, he hadn't spoken to Ron or Hermione since before summer began.

He sat down at the Gryffindor table and took a bite of an apple. Forcing it down he took another few bites before abruptly standing and rushing towards the abandoned bathroom occupied by Myrtle.

He opened the door to the nearest stall and began retching and heaving, emptying the small number of contents that were in his stomach into the toilet before him. Angry with himself he stood to leave.

He walked out the door and was stopped by Malfoy. 'Just my luck' Harry thought bitterly. Draco grabbed him and began to sneer. "regular bathrooms too common for you Potter?" he scoffed. "Need your own private one, Golden Boy?" Harry hated that name. he hated all of them, 'Golden boy', 'Saviour', Chosen One'. They made his skin crawl.

Harry chose to ignore the snide remarks and walk off however Malfoy wasn't finished. Grabbing Harry's arm, he asked: "What is it potter, think you're too good for me?". Harry tried to shrug him off, but the movement caused a tear to fall.

Taken aback Draco's grip on Harry's arm loosened. Harry, hoping to Merlin that Draco didn't see the tear breaks free of his grasp and
walk off.

Draco overcomes his shock and sudden guilt and shouts out for Harry to stop. Turning around to glare at him, Harry answers "What?" however his voice comes out raspy and sore. The realisation dawns on Harry slowly; he hasn't spoken in almost 3 months.

Draco decides to ignore this and closes the distance between the two. He looks down, nervous before looking in Harry's enchanting emerald eyes.

Harry glared at him and Draco looked back, but his gaze softened at the tired look in Harry's eyes. "Potter" he started, "I'm sorry"
Harry was shocked, he didn't understand. "I know I've been horrible and an idiot and just an absolute prick for the past 5 years... but I'm truly sorry and I've grown up and I would love to start over and if not be friends then at least be civil" Draco explained.

Harry was more confused than ever. He didn't know what had changed in the last 30 seconds and was sure it was all just a joke. And he said as much. "Oh piss off Malfoy. I'm not going to fall for that right now" he answered before finally storming back to the common room.

Hermione finally approached him and gave him a hug. Despite the hurt he felt at being ignored, Harry melted into her touch, not realizing just how much he needed it. Much to Harry's dismay, Hermione pulled away and began to explain; "Harry I'm so sorry I didn't owl you over the summer! I should have and I was an absolutely horrid friend and I totally understand if you don't want to speak to me!" Harry didn't have the energy to fight her so he just nodded dejectedly. "No Harry. I truly am. I thought that you needed space, and maybe you did but I should have realized that you still needed someone. So scream and yell and tell me I'm the worst. I deserve it. But just know I love you so much"

Harry took in everything she said. He agreed with most of it and she probably did deserve to be screamed at, but right now he just needed a friend and here was one seeking forgiveness. "You're right Hermione" he began in his raspy voice he tried to ignore "You have been a crap friend. But you're here now, and I need you to be there for me. So can you do that?" He asked gently.

Hermione let out a squeal. "Oh, Harry of course!" And she hugged him again. She decided to mention his voice some other time. Harry bit back a hiss at Hermione's tight hug. Ignoring the lingering pain in his ribs, he hugged back tightly

*****

Draco thundered down the stairs towards the Slytherin common room. He growled the password and stomped inside muttering to himself 'stupid', 'what were you thinking' 'you've gone soft', 'idiot Hufflepuff'.

Pansy looked up when the Portrait slammed open to see a fuming Draco Malfoy giving everyone a death glare. She jumped up immediately, leaving potions homework abandoned on the desk beside her and she grabbed Draco's sleeve, dragging her to the corner, away from prying eyes.

"Ok spill" Pansy demanded, seconds after sitting down next to Draco. Knowing she would force it out of him, Draco began to describe his encounter with Potter.

After hearing Draco's very one-sided recount of the story, Pansy tried to be diplomatic so as not to drive Draco over the edge. So she chose her words carefully; "ok Draco... I understand you're angry, but if you flip the situation..." Draco looked at her disdainfully "then surely you can understand where Potter is coming from."

Draco began to argue but one look from Pansy shut him up. He started to consider Harry's point of view and reluctantly found himself agreeing with Pansy, that he would've reacted the same.

Satisfied, Pansy packed up her things and dragged Draco to Transfiguration with the Ravenclaws only 5 minutes late.

_____________________________

Hey guys, thanks for reading the second part. I haven't edited it yet so sorry if there are any errors. Again don't be shy, leave me ideas and suggestions that you have for the story!
Xx