Chapter 14

The calm that seemed to fall over the two groups was shattered pretty quickly when Ginny entered the room, her long red hair flowing like liquid copper down her back.

It made Draco sick.

She smiled happily as she spotted Harry, heading towards where he was seated quickly. Draco tensed slightly, noticing the ginger's line of sight and narrowed his eyes, much to his friend's suspicions.

Pansy watched the body language of her friend go from upset, to relaxed and back to tensed apprehension within the span of about 4 minutes, and was beyond intrigued to identify the cause of such a range of emotions on her usually poker-faced best friend.

Draco almost growled when Ginny scooted closer to Harry, causing Harry to tense, in obvious distress. Pansy watched in confusion as Draco's eyes narrowed on the Gryffindor table, having been under the impression that the animosity between the two was no longer present.

Ginny scooted in further to Harry's side, leaning against him slightly, before reaching up and kissing his cheek. The horrified and confused Raven only tensed further before he shuffled a little away from her, only to have the girl follow him, clearly not one to take a hint.

Draco continued to glare at the girl who was upsetting his Raven, who had only just calmed down before they entered.

Harry sat uncomfortably, doing anything in his power to get away from the clingy girl beside him as subtly as possible. Hermione watched on with a narrowed gaze, immediately suspicious once again of Harry's behaviour towards the youngest Weasley, who didn't seem to notice anything wrong.

Harry caught Hermione's eye and grimaced at the calculating look there, immediately breaking the contact and looking to the side. He turned his body slightly to get further from the brunette's piercing glare and the presence of the ginger beside him.

As his body shifted further away, he also turned his head, succeeding in catching the eyes of a very concerned blond sitting at a table across the Hall who had watched the scene play out. Withholding a whimper Harry stood suddenly and walked out of the room hoping the blond got the message to follow him.

Of course, Draco understood immediately what Harry wanted from him as he caught the pained expression on his face before he left the room, so he immediately stood to follow, ignoring Pansy's confused questioned and Granger's curious gaze.

Almost certain of where Harry had gone to, Draco began the trek to the astronomy tower, hoping his suspicions were correct. As he walked up the last stairs he heard hushed muttering, doubting himself for a minute until he turned the corner and caught sight of the younger boy sitting at the edge, rambling to himself quietly. Draco resumed his regular spot to the left of the boy, curling his arm around his shoulder and pulling him to his chest.

As Harry's form melted into the comfort the blond's embrace provided, his trembling stopped and he calmed down, stopping his muttering to enjoy the safety he felt in the hold he'd become used to. Draco smiled when he felt the younger boy relaxing, happy to know he was part of the boy's safe space.

Draco kissed the crown of Harry's head before shaking him a little bit, encouraging him to meet his soft mercury eyes. His heart broke when he saw the unshed tears floating in the eyes of the boy before him, almost crying himself as the boy released a sob and burrowed into his chest.

"What's wrong with me," the boy asked brokenly, shattering Draco's heart further as he rushed to reassure him that there was absolutely nothing wrong with him and that he was completely normal and perfect. (Well I mean, as normal as a wizard can be.)

"Harry, Ginny needs to take a hint, I swear she is so lucky I haven't decked her in the face yet. I don't care if she's a girl, she can't be doing this, forcing herself on you without your consent! It's not right!" Harry looked up at the blond with glassy eyes, before abruptly leaning in and pressing their lips together hard. Draco was shocked for a moment by the sudden kiss but reciprocated quickly, relishing in the feel of the raven's lips against his own.

The two continued to kiss gently for a few moments before breaking apart, foreheads resting against each other's, eyes closed. When Harry sat back he looked into Draco's eyes and grinned giddily, pressing another quick chaste kiss against the blonde's lips before letting his head fall onto the other's shoulder.

Draco merely held him closer and pressed his lips to the crown of Harry's head one more time before letting the exhausted boy rest against him. Draco was concerned about Harry's low energy levels, seeing as the two were sleeping for most of the day, however, he was reminded of how skinny the younger boy was as he rubbed his back, almost able to feel his ribs through his clothing.

After allowing Harry to nap against him for another 20 or so minutes, Draco pulled him away, not wanting him to get a crick in his neck from sleeping too long in such an uncomfortable position. Harry smiled sleepily up at him when he rubbed his thumb against the boy's cheek.

"I know you don't want to, but it might be time to face your friends' questions about today," Draco started laughing softly and Harry's groan of protest, he continued on "but how about we meet up here tonight? I know you haven't eaten properly," at this Draco gave the sheepish boy before him a quick glare, "so I'll bring us something to eat." Harry nodded with another smile, pleased at the idea of spending more time with the blond.

Having received confirmation, Draco nodded back and the two stood to leave, sharing one last soft kiss before they left their separate ways with promises to see each other later after they dealt with their friends, who honestly acted more like vultures than people when it came to information.

With a sigh, Harry plastered on his practised mask, worthy of only the most regal of aristocratic Slytherins, and entered the lion's den.

______________________________________________

Okay, the next chapter will be out tomorrow! I'm really chuffed with myself for getting these all out so quickly and the next one will be out tomorrow (I just need to edit it). The real drama will hopefully begin soon ;)

1065 words

Lila out 💜