Chapter 3

BTW I do realise that I changed tenses halfway through the last chapter and I'll eventually fix that but rn we're using past tense XD

Draco decided to take a long walk. He rarely admitted defeat but he had to admit that Pansy had made some very valid points and he really hadn't been thinking very calmly or clearly.

Stupid rationality.

So he decided that in order to calm down and clear his head before approaching Potter again, he would take a nice stroll around the castle. He Made a quick detour to the kitchens to get an apple before heading off again.

Daydreaming and practising levitating the core of his apple, Draco suddenly stopped dead. He heard crying from somewhere nearby. Deciding it was nothing; or at least none of his business, he continued onward.

That was until he heard a quiet yelp of pain. Throwing all caution to the wind, he went to investigate.

Draco discovered that the quiet crying was coming from an abandoned bathroom off the 6th-floor corridor. Pushing the door in gently, Draco was greeted with a familiar mop of dark hair.

Harry was completely unaware of his newfound companion and continued to drag the silver blade across his wrist. Crying out it pain, Harry pulled his sleeve back down over his wrist and brushed away the fresh tears that stained his face.

He stood up and slowly made his way to the sink. At which point Draco decided to make himself known by releasing a small cough. Harry turned around abruptly and the shock on his face quickly changed to a sneer upon seeing who stood in the doorway.

"Come to gloat have you Malfoy? Come to find the Chosen One and spread rumours of his weakness?"

Draco instantly regretted coming into the room and began to back away slowly, mumbling apologies and avoiding eye contact with Harry, guilt written across his face.

"Fine then" Harry growled "Tell all your friends, Hell, tell the whole school. Potter's gone soft"

Harry rolled his eyes, mumbling something about a silencing charm.

Draco finally found his confidence and firmly denied planning on telling anyone about what he saw. "In fact; I didn't see anything," Draco said adamantly.

"Sure Malfoy" was all Harry could say back. He took a deep breath to try and rid the black spots from his vision.

Harry attempted to walk past but Draco stopped him, pushing him backwards.

"What do you want me to say? Huh? That I'm going to tell everyone? Because I'm not. You may not believe it, but I've changed, or at least, I'm trying to. But if you can't see that, or refuse to then it's your loss."

Draco crossed his arms and glared at Harry awaiting a response, only then noticing that his beautiful emerald eyes had lost their usual sparkle; not that he had been looking particularly hard into Ha-Potter's eyes.

"And why should I believe you Malfoy? What proof have you given me, other than act slightly decent for the past what? Day?"

Draco had no answer and allowed Harry to walk towards the door. When he reached the door, Harry turned back to say something else, however, he turned too quickly and became very dizzy. Stumbling backwards, he saw Draco reach out to catch him before his vision went black.

*

Seeing Harry stumble, Draco stepped forward to help steady him. Just as he got to him and grabbed his arm, Harry suddenly became a dead weight. He then realised that Harry was unconscious.

Draco then began to panic. He had managed to catch Harry just before he fell but he was now sitting on the ground with an unconscious boy who hates him, on top of him.

Well shit.

Draco guessed that since Harry hadn't previously gone to the infirmary, that he didn't really want to go there. So Draco decided to attempt to carry him to the Gryffindor common room and see if they knew what to do.

As he shifted Harry into his arms, he noticed that he was far lighter than he looked. He seemed to be perfectly healthy, yet he was incredibly light.

Only after Draco stood up with Harry in his arms, did he notice the blood beginning to stain his shirt. Draco panicked and thought he had hurt himself when he fell so he cast a stealth charm on himself and Harry in order to make it to Gryffindor uninterrupted.

He then began to run towards the common room, thankfully on the same floor as the bathroom, they had been in. When he reached the portrait the Fat Lady eyed him suspiciously until she noticed the unmoving boy in Draco's arms and her eyes widened.

Deciding against bursting into the common room unannounced, Draco asked for Granger and Weasley, hoping they'd know what to do.

Moments later, Granger appeared at the door looking very confused until she saw Harry and screeched like a banshee. Weasley appeared behind her and eyed the blond angrily.

"What the HELL did you do to him"
"What have you done Malfoy"
"What the Bloody Hell happened"
"Oh my Merlin, give him here"

They didn't seem very happy.

Draco tried to explain himself but the remainder of the Golden Trio were unwilling to listen.

"STOP" Draco shouted

It was enough to halt the yelling and cursing coming from the two.

"This was NOT my fault... I went to apologize to him, and he started to leave and when he turned around too quickly he just collapsed "

They seemed to take this in, deciding whether or not to believe him. Granger made up her mind first and dragged Draco into the common room and up the stairs to Harry's dorm to lay him on the bed.

Once he did, Granger turned to him and said "Tell me everything"
And so he did. He told her every last detail, including the blood that seemed to have disappeared from Harry's top.

Deducing that the blood must have been Draco's brain in the panic, Granger thanked Draco and shooed him away, telling him to allow Weasley in "if he decides to behave himself."

So Draco left, ignoring the stares of the curious Gryffindors, and Hermione calmed down, relaying all that she discovered to Ron.

They decided to let Harry rest and planned to grill him about what happened after he'd gotten some much-needed rest.

Both got themselves ready for bed and climbed in, welcoming the warm embrace of sleep, trying to forget the happenings of the day.

________________________________

Hey guys, thanks for reading this part, I know it wasn't great and not an awful lot happened but stick with me, I promise it'll get better!
Don't be shy, leave a comment or suggestion

1097 words

Lila out 💜