Chapter 20

The two boys remained intertwined for the rest of the train ride, climbing into the same carriage together, grateful they waited to get one to themselves. They moved on from the sad topic, lightening the mood and relishing in the comfort each provided the other.

Draco chose not to say anything to Harry about his very obvious weight-loss until the two of them were in a more private setting. He had decided against bringing it up on the train, as the two were already downbeat form Draco's reveal. Harry was relieved, but knew that the questions would come. He didn't want to lie to Draco, but at the same time, the young raven was unwilling to have his long-kept secret out in the open.

And so, when the two split ways to go to their own tables for the welcoming feast, Harry began to devise a plan on how to bring about the topic and explain himself, without exposing everything. It was proving to be a difficult task, but Harry was determined and stubborn, and once the Gryffindor got going, there was no stopping him.

Headmistress McGonnagall, (A.k.a Queen Minnie) greeted the students warmly, stating they were glad to have them back and that she hoped they enjoyed their holidays. Harry had to suppress the urge to snort at that comment, knowing neither he, nor Draco, enjoyed that visit in the slightest.

Having not eaten more than a meal or so every 3 days over the past few weeks, Harry's stomach was not prepared to ingest more than the usual. However, when he went to push away his plate after merely a few bites, he felt a searing gaze directed at him. Looking up, he made eye contact with a pair of mercury eyes, swimming with emotion, begging him to eat just a little more. Overwhelmed by the raw feelings that Draco's eyes revealed, Harry forced himself to eat more, almost as a show of appreciation to the young boy who has been keeping him alive.

Harry did his best to converse with his friends, and act as if his Christmas break had been as wonderful as theirs, but his facade was easy to see through, revealling the breaking boy, who lacked the energy to keep up the pretences he had become accustomed to showing for so long.

When the feast finally ended and the students sent off with a wish of a good night's sleep, Draco and Harry made their ways up to their usual spot on the astronomy tower, understanding that they had much to discuss. When they arrived the two resumed their position from the train ride earlier, with Harry settled comfortably between the lanky legs of the older blond boy.

"I don't eat when I'm at home," Harry began immediately, wishing to get everything off his chest as soon as possible. He had decided to confide some pieces of his home life with Draco. In fear of scaring the other boy off, he had chosen to withhold anything about the physical abuse he received regularly, relieved that bruises and scars were easily hidden. His hand was forced with the weight and food however, with glamours being unable to hid his lightness and lack of fat on his bones.

"Not by choice, but the Dursley's don't believe I am deserving of it, and so it's withheld as punishment. Not that I don't do literally everything they tell me to, but finishing my chores even one minute later than the schedule or making the tiniest bit of noise, is enough for them to deem me a nuisance and a burden, so I get punished every day." Draco, to his credit, had yet to react other than tensing beneath the raven. He was almost shaking with rage at Harry's so-called family's actions, however, not wanting to scare him, he tried to get his breathing under control to the best of his abilities.

"Um, i do all the chores in the house, cooking, cleaning, gardening, the works. If i miss a spot or anything like that, burn food or sneak something to eat, i just get punished even worse, so i do what they say. Call it cowardice, call it self preservation, but when it's all you've known your entire life, you adjust pretty well. Plus the daily screams abut me being a freak, a whore, a fag, and more. Nothing I haven't heard before." Harry shrugged dismissively as he continued his explanation, seeming to have begun to ramble as the nerves got to him. He went to continue his explanation, only to have his voice crack on the first word, "T-They, um,"

"Shh, you're okay, thank you for telling me, for trusting me. I'm here, calm down, shh," Harry hadn't even realise he had begun to tremble until he had Draco rubbing soothing circles on this bicep with his thumb, kissing the nape of his neck softly, in an effort to calm both himself and Harry.

Draco was almost blind with rage. If he weren't worried for the stability of the boy in his arms, he may have defied the laws of motion and disappear acted from Hogwarts grounds in that instant, set to murder the muggles who dared treat his Angel in that way. Harry was suddenly exceedingly relieved he hadn't told Draco about the physical abuse he endured each day, unsure if the Dursley's would have survived against Draco's vengeful wrath.

"I'm Okay though, really, i am, I'm used to it by now." Harry told Draco with a gentle smile, hoping to ease the frayed edges of the blond's temper. He was unaware that all this did was anger the blond even further.

"Yes, but Harry, my darling, you shouldn't be used to it." Draco tried to explain to the boy who had turned around to face him.

Harry furrowed his eyebrows at Draco, seeing his Malfoy mask slide into place. "D-Draco, what's wrong, I thought you'd be glad i told you! I-I... What did i do?" Harry asked Draco with wide frantic eyes, knowing that Draco only reeled in his emotions like that if he felt like he was about to go on a rampage. "I'm not mad at you Harry, promise, it's those muggles my hatred is directed at, filth i tell you. And no, that has nothing to do with the fact that they're muggles and everything to do with what they have done to you."

Harry relaxed slightly, but his frown remained. "Wait why are you angry at them? I deserve it, and everything they say is true." Draco's heart broke at the clear, genuine curiosity and confusion shown on the face of the boy who lived. Sitting in between Draco's long legs, was a boy who was broken long ago, only having shattered during the battle the previous May. Rather than having the support system he should have, to overcome his trauma during the summer, he was returned to the home of the Dursley's for his own 'Safety'. Draco almost scoffed, even Azkaban would have been a better option for Harry. Anywhere over staying with those heartless people.

"Harry, look at me," Draco told, no commanded Harry, determination shining in his silvery eyes. "You mean the world to me," Draco steadfastly ignored Harry's awed stare and continued, "You are strong, wonderful, and don't deserve anything that those people have done to you. You are incredible and deserve to be treated like the King that you are, and i will do my best to show you that every single day of my life. As long as you let me."

Both boys had tears pooling in their eyes as they sat there, silence descending upon them. It was a comfortable silence, one that seemed to hold all the secrets of the universe, and nothing at all simultaneously. The two gazed into each other's eyes and smiled, matching happy smiles, before Harry leaned in and claimed Draco's plump lips in a searing kiss.

The two sat there, kissing for what felt like hours, content in the presence of the one they trusted most in the world. "Harry?" Draco spoke softly, hesitant to break the serene atmostphere that had fallen. "Hmm," Harry answered, turning his head to look at Draco properly. "Wo, *ahem* Would you, like to be my, uh, my boyfirend?" Draco asked the boy before him. He closed his eyes, fearful of rejection, however they reopened swiftly in surprise when he felt another pair of lips on his own.

"Of course i would you twat," Harry replied with a breathtaking grin, cheeks flushed with happiness. Draco grinned back brightly and the two kidssed once more.

Both could feel themselves falling for the other, and neither could find it in themselves to stop it. They were falling deeper in love each day, but to them, it felt like they were rising into it. They brought each other up and as their love for each other grew, in pushed them further, to do better, be better, for the one they loved.

And it would be their downfall.

_____________________

Hi! Good luck with the next chapter ;)

1520 words

Lila out💜