Chapter 3

" What if the Nightmares were never created unnie ? "

JiU looked at Yoohyeon and thought,

It's been long since she called me that.

Then she look at Yoohyeon who was fiddling with her fingers. She grabbed them and told her,

" Either way, there is always fate. If there is fate, then I know, even without the Nightmares, I would still have met you somehow. "

" That's something unexpected of you to say. Unnie, tonight can you sleep by yourself ? "

" It's not like I can't sleep without you. Tomorrow, we will be having inspection, and you ought to impress me. "

" Yes Chief, goodnight. "

JiU was never a softie. She never replied with a smile. However, somehow, Yoohyeon always had her ways.

Meanwhile, Yoohyeon went back to her room. She took out her computer and a bunch of paper. She started writing some stuff down. With a few clicks, she finished purchasing some stuff and she hid everything in a place not even JiU knew. Then she fell asleep.

The next day, everyone had to get ready by 12:00pm sharp. Inspection wasn't really an inspection but more of a monthly routine where they had to update the Chief about new insights.

When it came to Yoohyeon's turn, she did not have much to say, which was a bit shocking to JiU because Yoohyeon was always prepared. When the meeting was over, JiU called for Yoohyeon to stay back.

" What's with you today ? "

" Nothing, there's nothing else I could update about unless you wanted overlapping information which you hate so much. "

" Okay, you're acting weird. Something's not right. "

" I'm fine, just leave me alone. "

JiU was utterly shocked. Yoohyeon has never talked back to her before, and yesterday they were just fine, what's with the sudden change of attitude ?

Then the doorbell rang. Yoohyeon turned around and went to get it. After signing some things, she took the box into her room. Yoohyeon thought to herself,

If I spend three days in my room, I would probably get this done though she might suspect.

So Yooyheon really stayed in her room for three days, however JiU was slightly worried for her. She knocked on Yoohyeon's door three times.

" Just a moment. "

Yoohyeon knew who it was by the knocking so she quickly hid what she had finished. She got to the door.

" Chief ? "

" I feel like going out again, thrashing, you know the usual- "

" See you at 11:00pm, don't be early. "

JiU knew something was up with Yoohyeon. She went to find the others.

" Lucy, Lua. "

" Chief. "

" Reports. "

" Nothing major, however you must look out more for Yoohyeon, she did not even step out of that room once. Find somewhere in that cold heart of yours to show her some concern. "

" How ? "

Lucy looked at Lua and smiled.

" Chief, do you not know what love means ? "

" No, and I don't want to. "

JiU walked away from them. She went out of the lair and grabbed two sandwiches and a bubble tea. It took forever for 11:00pm to come. JiU walked to the car to see that Yoohyeon was already there.

" You'll late, that's great. "

" Yeah,this is for you from Lua and Lucy, they told me to pass it to you because you haven't left your room for three days which was worrying to them, what were you even doing ? "

" Oh, I thought you got it for me, it's fine. You will know soon. "

" So what did they get you ? "

" Er, bubble tea and sandwiches ? So them to do that HAHAHA. "

" Let's go, you can eat while I drive. "

The car ride was silent. JiU didn't want to disturb Yoohyeon. She was driving with one hand. Then an idea popped in her mind. She drifted the car as she turned a corner and sped to a 24 hour shop.

" JiU, I thought we were thrashing shops ? "

" Yeah, not today, change of plans. I have people I want you to meet, now let's go. "

JiU and Yoohyeon got out of the car. They both walked to the shop. Inside, JiU was welcomed by a bouncer.

" Who's the chick ? "

" She's with me, and don't you dare- "

" Relax, I already have someone. "

" HAHA, nice to see you, Yuna. "

JiU and Yoohyeon walked in. Yoohyeon was shocked, it was a totally different environment. JiU took two drinks from the bartender, one for her, one for Yoohyeon.

" Unnie, who do you want me to meet ? "

" Shhh, she's coming out in two minutes. For now, just take the drink. "

Yoohyeon drank it slowly. She felt slightly high but ignored the feeling. She ran to catch up with JiU. She held her hand as they saw a really pretty lady coming out.

" I hope everyone is enjoying themselves, anything that doesn't satisfy, bring it up to me, I will try to help you. "

A lot of cheering could be heard. Then the pretty lady walked down towards JiU.

" It's been a while baby. "

" Oh, has it ? You left the Nightmares and you're missing me ? "

Then the lady grabbed JiU's chin and kissed her. Yoohyeon who was still holding JiU's hand was shocked. She felt like someone has stabbed her. When the lady broke off the kiss, Yoohyeon pulled JiU closer to her. Then the pretty lady spoke,

" So JiU has a girlfriend now ? "

" What ? No, Yoohyeon, this Lia, my best friend. "