Chapter 19

Yoohyeon stayed up all night, hoping that JiU would wake up.

Which she did.

At 3:00am in the morning, as Yoohyeon was dozing off, the hand that never left JiU's got squeezed. Yoohyeon shot immediately. For a while, the squeeze was the only sign that JiU was awake. Until JiU's eyes fluttered open. Yoohyeon smiled and ran to find Lucy.

" She...she's... "

" She's what unnie ?! "

" She's awake !! "

Lucy ran together with Yoohyeon following behind.   JiU eye's were still opened and Lucy quickly ran some test on her.

" She's okay, she just need sometime to recover. "

" Thank you Lucy. "

JiU's face had an unreadable expression.

" What's wrong JiU ? "

" It hurts even when I breathe. "

" I know baby, I know it does, but you have to rest and let it be so that you can recover faster. "

" I had a dream. "

" What was it about ? "

" You leaving me. "

" JiU... "

" It's okay, it doesn't matter. "

" Let's get you better first okay ? We can talk about this when you're all better. "

JiU just nodded.

For the next few months, JiU and Yoohyeon worked together to help JiU get better. JiU was somehow frustrated at herself, frustrated that she wasn't getting better fast enough. She would sometimes throw a fit, leaving her room in a mess. Yoohyeon was patient, patient enough to clean up her room every week. As the weeks pass, JiU could type, and then she could write, her breathings were back to normal and she was good to fight again, just maybe, two weeks more of rest. JiU though injured, never left the Nightmares, she took effort to see the Nightmares individually. Yoohyeon's presence assured JiU that she wasn't alone. That was until, the day for Yoohyeon to leave arrived.

The night before Yoohyeon left, she secretly snuck into JiU's room. Yoohyeon took one step closer to examine JiU's face before kissing her forehead. By the sounds of JiU's soft breathing, Yoohyeon knew that JiU was asleep. Yoohyeon took her hand written note, stuffed it under JiU's pillow and creeped out of the window, taking her car, she drove to the city area where she already secured a place and a job, she needed to be far away from JiU.

I'm sorry JiU, but you left me no choice.

Meanwhile, when JiU woke up the next day, as she packed her bed, she noticed the letter. She knew, it was from Yoohyeon. She did not even read the note, she rushed to Yoohyeon's room.

" YOOHYEON ! "

She opened the door, hoping that she wasn't too late, hoping that Yoohyeon was still there and that this was all a joke. But she was snapped into reality.

" No...no...Yoohyeonie... "

JiU cried. Lia who happened to be visiting that day saw JiU on the floor, balling her eyes out. She gave the older one a long hug.

" She left me...she...left... "

" I know...I know it hurts... "

" When did...when did you find out ? "

" A week ago. "

" AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME ? Why ?!?! "

" Because she isn't happy, she isn't happy at all. "