Chapter 7

JiU woke up to the sun shining on Yoohyeon's small yet fair face. She got off the bed quietly as she washed up. She walked to Lua and Lucy's work room and called for Lucy.

" Lucy, I need you to tell me about Yoohyeon's condition. "

" What condition ? "

" Don't play dumb, she told me yesterday already so just spill it. "

" Her condition is really unknown, but we have designed a pill specially for her. You need to watch out for her now. "

" Okay. "

" She has this pills in her drawer but, I can give you just in case she forgets to take them or when you're with her, you know for emergency situations. "

" Yeah, okay, do you have them now ? "

" Yes, just give me a second. "

Lucy walked to Lua and whispered something to her. Then Lua looked under her desk, pulled out a drawer and gave two packets of ten pills. Lua went on to explain,

" She needs to take this 30 minutes before every stake out, this medicine doesn't last for long. "

" How long ? "

" 1 hour to 2 hours. "

" How many can she consume ? "

" Per day ? Probably a maximum of two. "

" What if she eats more ? "

" She will be in a really dangerous situation. "

" Do me a favour. "

" Yes chief, anything for you. "

" Design a longer lasting pill. "

" I wish we could, but it will do more harm to Yoohyeon's body. "

" What do you mean ? "

" Yoohyeon's body is already weaker than before. She cannot keep going on stake outs with you. "

" Then let me help you research on the possible drugs that doesn't do as much harm, but last longer. "

" Okay Chief. I will send you the documents related to all the possible drugs. Also, we will send you the current drug list in the pill. "

JiU nodded her head and walked out. She went back to the room only to see Yoohyeon still struggling.

" I'm here, let me help you. "

JiU carried Yoohyeon to the wheelchair. Yoohyeon didn't even say anything but JiU knew what she needed. She helped her wash up and brought her down for breakfast. She called one of the Nightmares, Gahyeon.

" Gahyeon, take care of her, I have things to settle, if anything gets worse, find me at my office. "

Gahyeon nodded her head, implying she understood. Before JiU left, Yoohyeon grabbed her hand.

" Don't leave. "

" I have to, look, Gahyeon is here so you will be okay. "

JiU pushed her hand away and ran to her room. She looked at the file, examining every pill and organised the information properly. She opened a new document and typed the possible new pills that Lucy and Lua could make. She sighed as she spend 3 hours in her office. When she finished with the document, she printed it and walked back to Lucy and Lua's room.

Meanwhile, while JiU spend 3 hours in her office, Yoohyeon weakly ate her porridge.

" Unnie, do you still want to eat ? "

" No, please put it away and bring me back to my room. "

When she was brought back to her room, Yoohyeon went back to sleep. Once JiU presented her findings to Lucy and Lua, they were shocked.

" Chief, it's not possible to make the first and second pill. "

" Why not ? "

" They're not good for the human body. "

" Okay how about the last one ? "

" We can test that out, but Chief, I think we need to bring her to a hospital. "

" Why ? "

" She needs proper treatment and medicine. The things we do here are temporary. "

JiU walked out of the room while Lucy and Lua tried making the new pill. JiU didn't know if she should bring Yoohyeon to the hospital, but after much debating, she picked up the sleeping Yoohyeon and put her in the car. She drove slowly and carefully to the hospital. Once she got out, she took out Yoohyeon's wheelchair and placed Yoohyeon in it. She pushed her to the doctor and after doing some checks, the doctor sighed.

" Yoohyeon is very weak now, she needs a lot of rest. Her condition is slightly rare but we do have the medicine she needs, she just needs to be diligent in eating it. "

" How often ? "

" Before every meal. "

" And for how long ? "

" Until the next check up. "

" Okay. "

Yoohyeon, who was too weak to even do anything heard everything. She knew JiU was secretly pissed.

Why ?

Pissed at herself because she couldn't do anything to help Yoohyeon get better. Pissed at herself because she knows she have to let her best apprentice go soon. Pissed because JiU treats Yoohyeon as a younger sister, and she is family, pissed because, she felt that she was useless.