eight - custody and guardians

"Hazel you need to answer the questions." Anna sat across from me, she took me to this government place in Berlin, I don't know where my dad is, she won't tell me anything.

"I refuse anything until I get to talk with my father." I leaned back and crossed my arms.

"This is a serious offense, I told you. He has no parental rights as of an hour ago. It will be temporary until we figure out what's going on."

"You know what's going on, he put me in no danger! I'm a fucking avenger! I make my own damn choices!"

"You're a child, a mere fifteen year old." She clicked her pen.

"Listen, I've been around for a long time. You cannot take me away from him."

"I did all I could, we'll figure out where you'll go in a bit...go get something to eat, get changed and relax a bit.

Relax? She wants me to relax?

"Oh, she pulled up a bag, my back pack.

"This has your personal belongings, a change of clothes and some school stuff. Natasha Romanoff gave it to us."

"Okay." I took it from her hands. A lady guard walked in when she walked out.

"Follow me to the bathroom, you'll get changed and then give me your suit and any weapons you have."

"I'm a weapon myself, wanna just lock me up forever like a lab rat?"

She ignored me and walked me to a nearby bathroom. She stood outside the door and I walked in.

As soon as the door shut I look in each the stalls for a window or something. I can't stay here.

I gave up when I saw no way out.

I sat on the floor, holding my Dad's dog tags. I don't wear them but I keep them in my bag.

I stood up and got changed, just a plain green shirt and some leggings. I pulled my black flannel over my arms and put on some converses.

I put the dog tags on and tucked them into my shirt.

I glanced up at the door and took one of my ear coms from the pocket of my suit. I stuffed it into my pocket and gathering everything up.

"You done?" I heard a voice.

"Yeah." I put my back pack on and handed her my suit, my hand gun and everything else that went with the suit.

"And the bracelet." She said.

"The bracelet controls my powers, do you want me hurting anyone."

"Sorry miss, I was told to take it."

"Fine, it's your mess." I ripped it off and handed it to her.

I felt a sense of control leave my veins, I really can't use my powers now.

I was walked back to the glass case I was in before. I put my bag down and laid my head down on the table.

No crying hazel, don't fucking cry.

I looked around. People walking around doing their jobs, I didn't have a friend in sight.

This is a first, being alone like this. No one ever lets me be alone but I'm torn away from them all.

The cps decides my fate and the moment I have a chance, I'm running.

I rather be free and alone then be in a foster home and alone.

Oh god I feel so trapped.

I heard the door open, in walked Anna again, I hate her so much.

I don't know who to trust, who's on what side and even what side I'm on. If they take me away from my dad then I already know what side I'm on.