Chapter 61: What Happened Before Was.... Part 1-2&3

Part 1

Yao Ling sighed and she recalled what had happened previously.

Before she went back home from 'Fu Rong', Ning jie already gave her the list of the kids and short descriptions about them.

She had planned to review the list and assigned them to hone their skills first, before appointing them to their jobs respectively.

However, her day was ruined by Liu Li. Yes, she was the one who told her about Yao Ying's issue.

When Yao Ling just stepped into her own courtyard, she saw Liu Li pitifully cried softly there.

"What happened? Why are you here?" Yao Ling looked at her in suspicion.

She wasn't her maidservant, but Concubine Wan's.

So what was she doing standing and crying in her courtyard? If she didn't know better about her personalities, Yao Ling would definitely pity her.

However, she had already known beforehand what the bitch had done to Xiao Yu.

Yao Ling didn't show her disdain openly, because she wanted to know what Liu Li was up to.

She gave her a concern expression and once again repeated her question because Liu Li didn't answer her, but instead, she only shook her head. "Liu Li, why are you crying inside my courtyard?"

Liu Li looked at her while biting her lower lips in distress. "Young Mistress... this servant saw something and... and... this servant doesn't know whether this servant should tell Young Mistress or not."

Yao Ling wanted to roll her eyes, but she held herself back.

This two-faced maidservant still dared to say that she didn't know whether she should tell her or not.

If she didn't want to tell her about it, then she shouldn't put an act and wait for Yao Ling there.

Yao Ling glanced at Xiao Yu and saw that the latter was trying to hold back her anger.

Xiao Yu looked up and saw the look on her young mistress' face.

She understood that her young mistress wanted her to contain her emotions --- which she did. After feeling satisfied, Yao Ling looked back at Liu Li and went along with her act.

"Oh... what happened? It's okay... you can tell me," Yao Ling coaxed her.

"Young Mistress... do you know about this servant's background?"

"Hmm... I only heard that you were brought here by Concubine Wan. That's the only thing I know. Why? Is there something that I should know about?" Yao Ling pretended to be clueless.

Liu Li looked a bit taken aback. She probably wished that Yao Ling would say that Yao Ling had already known about her background.

It was actually embarrassing to say where she came from. A brothel girl wasn't exactly a good job.

Because of Yao Ling's answer, she could only grit her teeth and be shameless.

"This... this servant was a maidservant that Concubine Wan brought along from a hua lou," Liu Li explained in an embarrassed tone.

Her embarrassment didn't gain herself a pity from Yao Ling, but Yao Ling still put on an act. "Hua lou? Really? It's lucky for you to have such a good master.

She could easily leave you behind, but she kindly brought you along and now... she gives you the freedom to roam as a maidservant." The last part was directed at Liu Li for trespassing her courtyard on her own whim.