Chapter 138: Lin Zhou - The Information 2

"I'm sorry. I can't tell you more about him. I already said that I will only answer one question." The old man said regretfully.

Not only that, he didn't want to divulge that man's identity to these youngsters because he didn't know their identities.

He just randomly met him and he already gave them an important piece of news just like that.

Xiao Fang felt a bit disappointed and only muttered, "Oh..."

The others nodded in understanding.

They knew if they pushed him to answer their questions, then the old man would certainly feel suspicious.

They didn't have much to talk about after that and decided to go back to their inn.

They promised the old man that they would meet up with him the next day after finishing the task at hand.

The old man nodded and said that he was going to wait for them at the teahouse all day.

They could come in whenever they wanted.

The ones who did the job would be the men while the women stayed at the inn and acted like usual.

Yao Ling insisted that they should take Xiu because her heart still felt that something would happen, so they should be more cautious.

The men had no choice but agreed with her, but in exchange two of Xiao Fang's guards should stay and guard the two women.

They would not take no for an answer.

The women wanted to reject but Yao Ying said, "If no one guards both of you, we can't do the mission peacefully. We will be worried about you." The women had no choice but to agree with the arrangement.

Lin Jian felt fortunate that Yao Ling didn't give Yao Ying his night medicine for the past two days due to their tiring journey and probably Yao Ling was also too busy to remember.

When he counted the days, tonight was supposed to be the day the medicine was taking the full effect.

The old matriarch indeed cleverly calculated the time of that medicine would take effect after they arrived at Lin Zhou and they would certainly stay in a comfortable inn.

He also realized that if yesterday Yao Ling gave Yao Ying that medicine, Xiao Fang would probably know what kind of medicine it was.

If she alerted Yao Ling about what it was for, then he was pretty sure that Yao Ling would stop giving Yao Ying that medicine.

Now... now... where was the fun if that indeed happened? Lin Jian thought to himself while grinning mischievously inwardly.

When tonight's mission was finished, he would remind Yao Ling about that so-called medicine.

Even though she forgot for two days, the effect was still there. That was the power of this medicine.

If the target didn't drink it every day, it didn't matter.

As long as the dosage added up, it would make him become a beast!

It would be fun if Yao Ying was indeed under the medicine's spells.

He would listen to their exchange in front of their room...

That would be fun! He would be able to tease Yao Ying for the rest of his life with this knowledge.

He just couldn't wait when that time arrived!

They prepared themselves in their own respective room and the men changed into black masked outfits so they could blend into the night and minimize their presence while doing their job.