Chapter 94: Lin Jian's Past 2

Although he was saying all that without emotion, Yao Ying still noticed the pain in his eyes.

Yao Ying knew that it was Lin Jian's family matter and he had no say in it, therefore... he could only sigh.

Remembering a painful past just like Lin Jian wasn't always good, while he, who didn't remember his past, would probably more blissful.

"What about your second mother? The Han Princess' mother?" Yao Ying asked.

He had a gut feeling that Lin Jian found a hint of love from his second mother and her leave had a lasting effect on him.

It must have been painful to him to lose someone so precious --- someone, who loved him dearly.

Lin Jian's gazed became hazy and it seemed like he was reminiscing his past with a soft smile on his face.

A tender look that Yao Ying had never seen before appeared on Lin Jian's face --- probably it would only appear when he thought about his mother.

"As I said before... to me, she's a mother, a sister, a friend --- everything. She is actually Father's childhood sweetheart. When she knew how Father fell into the woman trap, she didn't get angry at Father or behave unreasonably by throwing tantrum just like what an ordinary woman would do. She was elegant and had the best temperament ever. Other than that, it was probably because she knew that Father didn't have any feelings for my wicked birth mother and she also knew how stupid Father in term of a relationship was. He's a bit dense in that regard, so he fell into the trap easily."

Yao Ying seemed to see Yao Ling in that woman's temperament.

Yao Ling also didn't behave unreasonably when she found out that he went to the hua lou.

But this woman seemed like a saint, for forgiving General Lin when he got another woman pregnant.

Well... he fell into a trap, that was probably why.

If he was the one who fell into the trap, he wasn't really sure whether Yao Ling would forgive him or not.

"The funny thing is... the one who saved me was her. Father wanted to kill that woman on the spot without caring about her pregnancy.

Mother was the one who stepped in front of my birth mother and stopped him without fear. I still remember until now what Father told me about what she had said at that moment..." Lin Jian trailed off at the last moment, trying to compose his disarray emotion.

Yao Ying sighed and patted his shoulder. "You can just let it all out. Everything that you said won't leave this room. Well... the only one that I will probably accidentally tell is Yao Ling." Yao Ying never tried to keep a secret from Yao Ling and Lin Jian should have known about it too, thus he told him straightforwardly.

The last part made Lin Jian laugh, but he liked how Yao Ying was straightforwardly telling him about that. He knew that this man wouldn't be able to keep any secrets from his wife, but this way... was also good.

That was how his father and mother relationship was. They trust each other, hence the strong relationship.

When he mocked Yao Ying for being a henpecked husband, he was only joking.

In fact, he was jealous of him and at the same time... admired him.

"So... what did she say?" Yao Ying asked.

Lin Jian told him exactly what happened that day --- of course, it was all based on what his father had told him.

----