Chapter 78:Connection To The Throne 1

"I have a hunch because I heard that Grandmother is the previous Empress' sister. But who is the princes' mother?" Yao Ying asked curiously.

"The Empress' beloved niece --- in other words, she is also your grandmother's daughter. My sister. Your aunt." Wang Luo Hai explained.

Yao Ying asked in surprise, "I thought that Father is the only son."

"Yes, I'm the only son, but not the only child," Wang Luo Hai smiled.

Yao Ying and Yao Ling looked at each other. 'Well... that's true.

They never ask whether the matriarch had another child or not.

They just assumed that Wang Luo Hai was the only child.

"Ah... it means Wang Fu is the maternal family of the princes and that's why Wang Fu becomes their backer, right?"

Wang Luo Hai nodded.

"But why do they also want their maternal family to drink the poison? Don't they trust their own maternal family?" Yao Ling asked in confusion.

"I would make the same decision if I was them. They were once betrayed by one of our family," Wang Luo Hai said but he didn't divulge on it any further.

Yao Ying and Yao Ling could see the pain in his eyes, so when he didn't say anything, they didn't push for an answer. They believed he would tell them when he was ready.

"Who are the princes?"

"I will give you a brief description of each prince," Wang Luo Hai said.

The first prince is Shen Wang. He's the oldest prince, but popular for his lecherous behavior.

He already has a Wang Fei, but he still goes around to fill his household with concubines --- even the King is having a headache because of him.

Because of that, he is unfavored and only dwells with lust every day.

His mother already passed away so he also didn't have powerful backers.

One word to describe him --- useless prince.

The second prince is Chu Wang. One of the strongest candidates to become a crown prince.

He's popular because of his handsomeness.

He's quickwitted and has a strong backer.

His mother is the daughter of General Wu and because of General Wu's current strong popularity, Chu Wang's position in the court is pretty stable.

The fifth prince is only five years old, so he doesn't pose too much of a threat. His mother is the current favorite concubine of the King.

Everything can change in a few years, so it never hurts to be careful and plans ahead just in case the fifth prince -- Chen Wang rises in power.

Yao Ying asked, "So... it means we support the third and fourth prince?"

Wang Luo Hai nodded his head in excitement, "Yes. They are actually twins and very close to each other. They have a bond that is known only to a few people --- they are able to feel the other person pain. So when the other is in danger, the other can feel it. They can detect each other's mood. This fact is only known to a small circle of people, so both of you should seal your mouth."

Yao Ying and Yao Ling answered at the same time, "Yes."

"What are their titles?" Yao Ling asked curiously.

"Xiao Wang and Ming Wang."

"Anything else that I should know about them?" Yao Ying asked, feeling interested in knowing more about the persons that they supported wholeheartedly.