Chapter 128: Long'An - Facts

Xiao Fang hesitantly said, "I'm from the Han Kingdom." In truth, there was no enmity between the Han Kingdom and the Shu Kingdom at this point in time.

However, the relationship between the country also couldn't be considered as good with the sudden marriage alliance between the Shu Kingdom and the Qin Kingdom.

When Xiao Fang saw that Yao Ling didn't at her in disgust, she sighed in relief. "Are you not going to hate me?" She asked curiously.

"What for?" Yao Ling asked in confusion.

"The marriage alliance," Xiao Fang said softly. "I know that the situation between the countries is quite tense because of it."

Yao Ling laughed at that. "It's only a political matter. I don't really care about it." What Yao Ling said was actually a half-truth.

She indeed didn't care about the marriage alliance, because it would bring no difference to her.

She only cared about Han Xiang. That's all.

Yao Ling asked curiously once again, "Why do you look like this? I mean... it's different from the description of the valiant Han Kingdom woman in the book?"

Xiao Fang laughed and explained, "It's just an exaggeration. I'm a mix-blood because my mother is Shu woman. Just like my maidservants -- they basically a mix-blood between Qin and Han, so they don't exactly look like Han people. The big burly one only the pure blood."

Yao Ling nodded in understanding. "No wonder..."

"The mix-blood people usually live on the borders," Xiao Fang once again explained.

"So, you live on the border too?" Yao Ling asked curiously.

"No... I moved to the Capital when I was younger. But yes... I used to live there," Xiao Fang said with a smile.

"What are you doing here? I mean, this is quite far from the Han Kingdom," Yao Ling asked.

She was trying to probe a little bit, after all, the only place they passed by usually Lin Zhou.

What are they doing deep in this forest?

"I originally planned to go to Lin Zhou directly, but along the way... we were chased by the assassins.

The We were separated from our family, so we need to reach Lin Zhou by ourselves," Xiao Fang explained. "We ended up here and took a rest before trying to find our ways. Luckily, we meet you guys."

Yao Ling nodded, but she still felt that something was weird.

Even though she was accidentally separated from the main entourage, but judging from her guards, they weren't ordinary people.

What had happened that made them accidentally separated?

After they finished resting, they started to move once again.

Yao Ling looked at Xiao Fang who rode her horse easily by jumping up steadily and sat leisurely on the horseback majestically. "Xiao Fang, you are so cool when riding your horse!" Yao Ling admired her skill, after all, she needed to threaten Bao Bao in order to successfully ride him.

Xiao Fang answered while laughing, "Every Han woman has to learn riding horse from four years old. My skill is just so-so if you compare it to the others." She humbly said.

The more she talked with Xiao Fang, the more she liked her.

The woman is easygoing and probably because of the way they were raised full of freedom, she had a different perspective on life.