A Cat Named Birthday

I sat on the couch as Ryan ate breakfast, planning my next haunting. I stared at the black tv screen as I thought. I'm gonna turn on the tv...

I grabbed the remote, sitting on the couch. I smirked as I hit the on button, and patiently waited.

"What the hell?" I heard him get up and walk over, I set the remote back down, and waited once again. He had a confused look on his face as he took the remote, and turned the tv back off.

Once his back was turned, I hit the on button again, not picking it up. He whipped around as I covered my laughter.

"Hello?" I said nothing and began changing the channels. He fell backwards, surprised by what I had done. He just stared at the tv, stunned. This is so funny...

He looked to the ceiling, "Hello?" He asked again. I couldn't hold it in any longer, I gave out, laughing. I got up, walking around the living room, to give a spookier feel. His terrified eyes followed my laughs.

"Who are you?" He asked. Your worst nightmare...

My laughter slowly died and he finally got up from the floor, confused, and deep in thought. I am so funny...

I followed him back into the kitchen and watched as he put his dish away.

"Well Ghosty, I'm gonna be out for a bit. You can do whatever it is you do while I'm gone. But, why do you haunt me?" He looked up to the heavens once more as he began towards the bedroom.

"And who are you? What's your name? Are you the same girl Dan told me about? If so, I'm sorry about his choice of words." I stayed silent as I followed him.

He grabbed his single strap bag and slung it over his shoulder. Should I even try to talk to him?  He probably wouldn't listen... Who would?

He made his way back downstairs as I followed.

"Okay, Ghosty! I'm off, see ya in a bit!" He cried to the skies, "Bye!" He was out the door.

"Bye..." I quietly said back once the door was fully shut. I then, wandered up the stairs, to his bedroom. I wonder what's in here...

I went over to the nightstand, where my ballerina figure sat. I took a seat on the bed, and held her in my hand.

"I'm never letting you out of my sight again!" I cried to her.

Then, without even thinking, I let her fall to the floor, through my hand. I watched as she fell to the carpet. Instead of picking her up, I let my fingers faze through her.

Finally, I allowed my fingers to pick her back up. I hummed a random song as I looked over my dainty friend. I got up and walked around Ryan's room. I examined the pictures of him and his friends scattered atop his dresser and nightstand. They look so happy...

That was when, I spotted a guitar in the corner. I walked over and let my fingers slid up and down the strings. I wonder if I'll ever hear him play... If he sticks around long enough, that is...

Suddenly, I heard a car pull up into the drive way. I made my way downstairs, just as Ryan entered the home. Before he could say anything, I rushed to the closet. I left my fair lady ballerina in my little hide out.

"Ghosty, I have a surprise for you." I fazed through the door as I heard him speak. A surprise? For me? The only surprise I want is for you to get out of my house!

He held his hands in an odd position, almost as if something was moving in them.

"I hope you like cats."

He crouched down to the ground as an orange and white kitten with big brown eyes leaped out off his arms.

A cat!? Ahhhh! This can't be happening! He got a cat which means he's probably not gonna move anytime soon! Well shit...

"Her name is Birthday," He told the ceiling, "I hope you like her, I don't know how she'll feel about you though." He then went back outside, most likely to get the cat supplies.

The cat walked over to me, sat, and stared at me, curiously. What do you want?  Go away...

It just meowed. I took a cautious step closer and crouched to it's level. Hesitant, I slowly brought my hand to her head, petting it softly.

"You're not so bad, are you Birthday?" I whispered, so Ryan wouldn't hear. She just purred. The door swung open and I was back on my feet, stepping away from the small creature.

"Okay Birthday, I have your food, bowls, bed, litter box, and toys. I think we're all set," The kitten just sat there, curious eyes locked on me.

"What is it, girl?" He set the box of things down and picked her up, he tilted his head towards her, "What are you looking at?" She meowed my way, his gaze moved to me. No, not to me. Through me, "Silly kitten, there's nothing there."

She just meowed as he walked away and set her back down on the hard wood floor. Rude! So rude! He just looks right through me! I want him out... as for the cat... she can stay...

He put the cat bed near my closet, the bowls in the kitchen, and the litter box in the bathroom. Once he finished, he walked back downstairs, back to the box he had set all the cat things in.

"Ghosty, I got something else, too. Hopefully you'll talk to me when I use this."

I stood next to him as he pulled out a box that at first glance, you'd assume to be a board game of some sort. But when looked at closely, the words Ouija board were written clearly across the skinny rectangular box. Oh this will be so much fun...

He opened the box and began to read the instructions.

"Ah! It says I shouldn't play by myself." Pussy...

"That's okay, I'll just see if Brendon and Pete wanna come over soon. Doesn't that sound fun?" He asked the ceiling, as his words sank in, I immediately began to panic.

No! No people! This can't happen! This is MY house, and I say no! That is NOT allowed! Why can't you just leave!? Then we'd both be happy! Ugh...

I pulled at my hair as I furiously stomped to the closet, making Ryan flinch.

"Hello? Ghosty, are you there?" I didn't look back as I fazed through the closet door and sat with my knees to chest. I quietly groaned as I picked my ballerina back up, admiring the pink paint made to look like a flowery tutu. I hate him... I want him out... And I want him out, now!

OwO-
Hi guys, I hope you liked the chapter. I'm writing from my school chrome book cause my parents took away my phone AND my kindle. So this is what I've resorted to. Wow imagine having to log onto wattpad on a school chrome book. I feel extra epic. I'm so cool, haha. Also! I got hit in the face with a dodge ball and my nose started bleeding so now my nose hurts and everything smells/ tastes of a mixture of blood and boogers. 0/10, do not recommend. Okay, have a sick as frick day~peace out cheesebags