Kitten

Tw- cutting and death

Your pov

The tight walls of my closet bedroom felt as if they were closing in on me. The voice of a past lover rang through my brain. Tears threatened to stream.

Flashback

"Kitten? Kitten, where are you?" The sound of his voice rang throughout the small house. Terrified, I hugged my knees in the closet. Tears stained my face. The door opened, "Baby, what are you-" Dallon's face and tone softened, "Sweetheart, why are you crying?" He sat on his knees in front of me.

"The neighbor boys were being mean. They said I was gross! I didn't want you to see me like this, so I hid." More sobs came up as my hands covered my face.

"Oh kitten, you know what they say isn't true. C'mere, babe," He helped me up and out of the closet, pulling away my hands, "You know why I call you kitten, right?" I smiled at him.

"Because, I'm as cute as one."

"That's right, baby," He kissed the side of my head, "Besides, those boys are probably just jealous that they can't have a lovely girl like yourself."

"Dally, stop, you're making me blush." My hand left his, covering my cheeks.

"Awww, see! Adorable!" He giggled, "I wanna show you something out back," He took my hand, leading me to the backyard. A little table with two chairs where we sat, "Y/n, I love you so much and I wanna show you just how much."

"Dally..." He got down on one knee, revealing a little black box.

"Y/n, kitten, my baby girl, will you be mine? Forever?" Tears flooded my eyes, making my vision fuzzy.

"Oh wow, oh wow oh wow," I chuckled, "Yes! Yes! Of course I will." He hugged me tight, kissing my face as he laughed.

"Oh thank you thank you! I'm so happy!" He let go, and kissed me passionately.

Flash forward a bit, May 24th

"Dallon, I just don't get it! You act like I'm a dog or something! I have opinions too, I have things to say!" I cried as a fight broke out between the two of us, one of our worst ones.

"I'm listening, kitten! I'm listening, why are you yelling at me!?"

"Yeah, you listen, and then you act as if what I just said didn't have any meaning! You always talk down to me, you act as if I'm inferior to you!" My eyes on him, "Am I!?" His eyes going every which way except for me.

"Of course not!" His eyes finally met mine, they were full of rage, "Why would you think that!? Why would you say that!? I don't even do that!"

"Yes you do!" Red flooded his face, he knew I was right, but I knew I was pushing his limits, be careful... he might start breaking things... he's never been good with his anger... but he'd never lay a finger on me...

"Ahhh! Shut up! I'm-" He punched the wall, "I have to go to work, I can't deal with this right now! Ahh! You make me so mad sometimes!" He called, making his way downstairs and out the door. Slowly, my feet carried me to the wall, no marks... that's good...

Time skip

The water in the bathtub was not too hot, not too cold. Carefully, my toes touched the bottom of the tub, shedding the towel from my body, lazily laying in the water. My fingers tracing shapes in the bubbles and water as soft music played throughout the house.

Dallon was pretty upset with me... maybe I'll do something for him... I feel so bad... he gets so worked up... I shouldn't have said anything... never should've spoken up! He deserves so much better...